talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 04:45 PM

Default T-Minus 2 days until...

I have a functioning JointMaker Pro....

Posted in the Kerfmaker thread with a little backstory but suffice to say I can't wait to try this thing. It's been sitting in my little work area for over a month now just waiting on blades and a few missing pieces to come in.

It's going to be interesting seeing what a newbie wood worker such as myself comes up with for this guy. One idea I want to immediately attempt is to build a segment drum shell. (Thick octagons stacked on top of each other and staggering the joints... then round it all down) Somewhere on the top of that list is to build a few boxes and practice doing some dovetail work. Plus there's about 20 friends around here that are proficient sawdust makers that really want to try it out as well.

Just can't wait for that box to show up at the front door.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: T-Minus 2 days until...

I'm as excited as you are! Please post many pics! :sdrool:
Old 07-14-2009, 05:03 PM

Will do!

Huge thanks to Natasha and Michael (and anyone else I left off... ) that helped me get all the parts together to make it a working tool instead of just a pretty table.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:22 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Very cool!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:34 PM

Is there anything in the world that makes you more happy than these words:

"Out for delivery"

:sdrool:

Of course I don't think my UPS guy gets by the house until evening usually.

Though I did just call my UPS Store account and find out my box with the two bridge city squares is in. Guess I'll head over there and get my fix this morning. lol
Old 07-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post

You may find that an envelope full of cash at Christmas improves your daily delivery time substantially.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:37 PM

Actually my guy is a jazz musician and we talk pretty often while I'm out working on drums. Pretty cool cat. Unfortunately this neighborhood just happens to be at the end of the run.

On a bright note... I got my TS-1, TB-1 and 6" rule...

And as it turns out... I did a decent job of squaring up that jewelry box! Joints aren't perfect but I'll take'em for the first time I'd ever done anything like that.

Now it's off to find my jar of Autosol so I can polish these bad boys up.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Speaking of deliveries, I just got delivery of a new tool chest: Costco - 26" Tool Chest and Roller Cabinet Combo

Should be a nice new home for my Bridge City tools. Keep them from scratching each other...
Old 07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

Speaking of deliveries, I just got delivery of a new tool chest: Costco - 26" Tool Chest and Roller Cabinet Combo

Old 07-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post
Is there anything in the world that makes you more happy than these words:

"Out for delivery"

:sdrool:

Though I did just call my UPS Store account and find out my box with the two bridge city squares is in. Guess I'll head over there and get my fix this morning. lol
I was tracking something that I was anxiously awaiting, day by day it got closer & closer THEN all of a sudden it started getting farther & farther way -- "damaged in transit, returning to shipper"....DAMMIT!