talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Knee Pads

Yeah, that thing. Didnt know what it was called. Cool concept.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Man - I want one of those for my office! Looks surprisingly comfortable. Maybe I could mount a laptop down below...
Old 03-24-2009, 05:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to charimon

guys. proknees are the best all day choice. but they are a total pain to get up and down with. If you do floor work Buy them. With them it is more comfortable to kneel than stand for 8 hours. but you will also need to buy boots with a good toe box as well, both are needed.
I had one get lost and proknee sent me a single replacement next day air.

thanks Craig
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Founding Member

Craig,

Welcome to talkFestool. I saw your post in Meet the Members and was wondering if you were using ProKnees.

I'm a big fan of ProKnees because my knees are shot (especially the right knee). That said, I agree that they are bit of a pain to get up and down with. And they aren't the lightest when your walking around. I have the old model. Which ones do you have?

Regards,

Dan.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to charimon

Dan I have the 007's now. they take a bit of getting used to but the curve is short. When I'm down my patella isn't even touching anything the weight is on my shin.
I have roofed (helped re roof a country church) with them and that is a whole different feeling if they had a soft rubber face they would be awesome in that application.

It is my thot that everyone in the trades who does not have Knee issues should wear pads every day, like seat belts, hearing protection, and safety glasses.

Thanks Craig
Old 03-25-2009, 04:35 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charimon View Post
Dan I have the 007's now. they take a bit of getting used to but the curve is short. When I'm down my patella isn't even touching anything the weight is on my shin.
I have roofed (helped re roof a country church) with them and that is a whole different feeling if they had a soft rubber face they would be awesome in that application.

It is my thot that everyone in the trades who does not have Knee issues should wear pads every day, like seat belts, hearing protection, and safety glasses.

Thanks Craig
Craig,

Hi. I suggested to the owner of ProKnees that he make several different types of face pads for different applications. I think that some people would like a think textured pad for outside work. Good point about roofing - a soft rubber pad would be nice for roofing.

I'm a strong believer in them. I've spent many hours crawling across open joists with my proknees. I'd be a physical wreck if I tried that with regular knee pads. As you pointed out, the shin pads spread out the weight very well, making it easy and stable.

And I agree about the knee protection. For the trades it should be a no-brainer. I'd go so far as to say that people over 40 who only use them occasionally would benefit. Protecting your eyes and ears is important for all ages; protecting your knees gets critical after you're 40 (I'm 62).

Regards,

Dan.