talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools > Hand Planes

Hand Planes Dedicated to the galoot's favorite tool - the hand plane.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM

Default Winter Panel Plane

The weather is getting cooler. Must be time for a companion to the Winter Smoothing Plane.

Winter Panel Plane

2.25" wide iron pitched at 50 degrees, 11.125 long with oiled antique patina on the brass bits. Macassar Ebony wooden bits.

Even more surprisingly........this is not Fred's plane

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Winter Panel Plane

Beautiful, Ron! Very graceful, and the colors and textures work really well together.

Did you change your font on your logo? I seem to recall that it was Desdemona - doesn't look like that any more.

Hard to believe it's not Fred's plane. I thought he was buying up everything that anyone made....
Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 PM

It was Desdemona however the person that was engraving for me retired and the engraving machine retired along with her. The new logo is stamped.....as in wacked with a 3 lb hammer. I decided to go with something cleaner and simpler.

This plane does however belong to one of Fred's friends.

Ron
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

That is a real beauty, Ron!!! I'm one of Fred's friends, but I can't claim to be the one who is getting this plane.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 11-01-2012, 12:39 AM

Beautiful.

Hope you are bringing it to Cincinnati this weekend!

neil
Old 11-01-2012, 02:02 AM

Neil unfortunately I won't be at WIA this weekend. Hope everyone that attends has a great time this weekend.

Ron
Old 11-01-2012, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

What?!?

It just won't be the same without you, Ron!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:02 PM

I'll certainly miss seeing you guys. Having participated in every WIA prior to this year it feels a bit weird not heading to northern Ky. this week. I'm here in the shop making planes and thats my priority at this point.

Ron
Old 11-06-2012, 09:25 PM

Ron,
You were missed. It was a great weekend, saw lots of friends. Believe it or not, this plane made an appearance. It is quite nice is person. The finish softens its appearance. Hope all is well,
Gary