talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools > Hand Planes

Hand Planes Dedicated to the galoot's favorite tool - the hand plane.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Konrad Video & planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekcohen View Post
Hi Fred

Those are pretty remarkable and definitely special planes. Konrad is extraordinarily talented, not only in craftsmanship, but also an eye for line and design.

You are fortunate to be the caretaker of these - enjoy and use them as they are intended.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Derek & Scott,

Konrad is truly remarkable and I am more than fortunate to own these planes as well as those from people like Philip Marcou, Ron Brese, Raney Nelson, John Economaki and Karl Holtey. I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people in the world.

Derek, I am very glad that you posted here as you obviously think that I have been using the six planes shown here incorrectly. I have found that I can use the various number 4's on larger parts of my body to remove body hair. On the other hand, the Bayfields are perfect for shaving my face.

If this is not the intended use of the planes, PLEASE feel free to set me straight.

Fred
Worried in West Chester
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiralie View Post
Fred:
Great video. Thanks.
Tim
Tim et al,

You are quite welcome and I very much agree with the idea above by Chris that this would be a great lead in to an hour long video. I would actually like to see longer videos on Ron Brese, Raney Nelson, Philip Marcou, Karl Holtey, Larry Williams, Matt Bickford, Tom Lie-Nielsen, Robin Lee, John Economaki, Dave Jeske, etc. What an amazing group that would be.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:25 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWest View Post
Tim et al,

You are quite welcome and I very much agree with the idea above by Chris that this would be a great lead in to an hour long video. I would actually like to see longer videos on Ron Brese, Raney Nelson, Philip Marcou, Karl Holtey, Larry Williams, Matt Bickford, Tom Lie-Nielsen, Robin Lee, John Economaki, Dave Jeske, etc. What an amazing group that would be.

Fred
Organize events where people can hear them speak and you've got the Fred conferences, ala TED
Old 06-06-2012, 12:34 AM

Location: On a street named after a bush between two streets named after trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post
Organize events where people can hear them speak and you've got the Fred conferences, ala TED
TED stands for Technology, Education and Design...

FRED could stand for... ?
Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:

... I have found that I can use the various number 4's on larger parts of my body to remove body hair.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:17 AM

Location: On a street named after a bush between two streets named after trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post

Quick - somebody help me find the unsubscribe button!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:23 AM

Quote:
I am more than fortunate to own these planes as well as those from people like Philip Marcou, Ron Brese, Raney Nelson, John Economaki and Karl Holtey. I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people in the world.
Hey Fred, you have a Hotley? Let's have a few photos of that up, please!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

"A" Holtey?!? Silly man...
Old 06-06-2012, 03:58 AM

Would "a fleet" of hotley's be more accurate then, Potosan?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Perhaps not a fleet, but more than one. And of course, the most rare one possible...