talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools > Hand Planes

Hand Planes Dedicated to the galoot's favorite tool - the hand plane.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Delivery of a lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Valley Forge in 2009, Fred falling in love with a Sauer & Steiner he never dreamed he'd own one day.

(and Bob Marino behind him looking pretty darn serious )

I don't know, and do correct me if I'm wrong, but it does look as if Bob is working security and keeping a close eye on the planes (and on a suspicious character just behind the camera man) while Fred is looking for a signal from his cohort that the cost was clear...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

My Oh MY Fred!
Exquisite, impeccable and incomparable. Those belong upstairs in your living space not down in the workshop. Suggestion: Create a bonfire fueled by your award winning entertainment center and replace it with a lighted display case containing your top ~30 planes with these latest ones of course residing in their proper place on the top shelf.

Last edited by RONWEN; 03-20-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Beautiful planes, Fred! Amazing workmanship and attention to detail, even shavings, no less!

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 03-20-2011, 03:50 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

Yes, those shavings! Wasn't that cool?
I really loved seeing that - such a thoughtful touch.

Sure, we all tell ourselves it's NOT about the shavings...
But we know we all love them nonetheless.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
My Oh MY Fred!
Exquisite, impeccable and incomparable. Those belong upstairs in your living space not down in the workshop. Suggestion: Create a bonfire fueled by your award winning entertainment center and replace it with a lighted display case containing your top ~30 planes with these latest ones of course residing in their proper place on the top shelf.
Corwin, alas but my cohort did not give me the correct signal and I had to wait another year and a half.
Ron, getting rid of the entertainment center is a given for this year. However, as beautiful as these planes and my others they are still tools and as such will be used. It will just make it that much more interesting.
Laurie and Alex, I must admit that I too love the touch of sending out shavings with it.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 03-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWest View Post

Corwin, alas but my cohort did not give me the correct signal and I had to wait another year and a half...
And actually PAY for it!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
I had been on the phone with Rutager when this delivery happened and I had to hang up.
No kidding! He was talking to me and his dogs started barking because the delivery guy was approaching the house and he ended the call faster then if he was going into cardiac arrest. I don't believe I've ever had someone end a call so quickly! I can't say I blame him though, those are some beautiful planes! I'm a bit jealous because I placed my order with Konrad before Fred, but the wood for mine isn't dry enough yet.

-Rutager
Old 03-23-2011, 12:46 PM

Wow...