talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools > Hand Planes

Hand Planes Dedicated to the galoot's favorite tool - the hand plane.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 05:10 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Philip Marcou
Default Re: Spill plane from Lee Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlarm View Post
If you're in a do-it-yourself sort of frame of mind, you might find this interesting . . .

Making a Spill Plane - Photo Essay by Darrell LaRu - Traditional Woodworking Tools Internet Magazine - wkFineTools.com
Dan,
I want to tell you that that site is VERBOTEN-don't go there and don't support it any way and the same goes for any friend that you value.

Last edited by Philip Marcou; 11-10-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:55 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
Laurie -- CHOCOLATE SPILLS?!?
Oooh. Awesome idea, Ron!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Marcou View Post
Dan,
I want to tell you that that site is VERBOTEN-don't go there and don't support it any way and the same goes for any friend that you value.
Well of course I had to check it out after that warning. What's the deal, Philip? A PM would be fine if you don't want to go public with this.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Well of course I had to check it out after that warning. What's the deal, Philip? A PM would be fine if you don't want to go public with this.

Peter,

I can only answer this from what I have seen and heard. What I have is a Deed of Agreement that was put out after an arbitrator worked on this. It was between Philip and Wiktor Kuc of WKFinetools. The arbitrator ruled in favor of Philip on EVERY single issue. In addition Philip was owed $875 for which he was sent a bad check. This was never resolved. I have a copy of that Deed of Agreement as well as much more. In addition at the Valley Forge show I heard from many of the exhibitors about being approached for them to advertise on his site. When they went to check out the main advertisers on his site as a reference they found out that those companies did NOT know they were being advertised on his site. Since the show has ended I have heard on more story about misrepresentation of the advertising on his site.

I do not know if any of these guys will want to come out publicly and of course it is their choice. As far as the Deed of Agreement again I do not know if Philip will publish it here or maybe send it to whomever inquires through PM. I do know that Derek Cohen very kindly located an arbitrator for them and I would assume has seen the results.

That is all I know but from my perspective only, it is more than enough for me to agree with Philip's VERBOTEN. However, as always each of you needs to come to your decisions in your own manner. I am very comfortable with my decision again even if I had not seen the Deed. The people I have spoken with are some that I have come to know pretty well in the last six weeks or so, some much longer but they have all been extremely straight forward with me.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31

Last edited by FredWest; 11-10-2009 at 05:37 PM.