talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools > Hand Planes

Hand Planes Dedicated to the galoot's favorite tool - the hand plane.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default Cool new Veritas block plane

I was noodling around on the Lee Valley site, and suddenly noticed this very cool new pair of block planes: Veritas® Block Planes - Lee Valley Tools

Talk about retro styling! These things ooze cool! I bet they work a treat, too.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Cool new Veritas block plane

That is definitely a sexy tool!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:11 PM

It's already on my wish list for Christmas. I've held one and they feel perfect. But, I have not used one yet.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Administrator

That Premium edition is very, very cool. But it's just not in the cards with my current tool budget.

However, I haven't received my Christmas gift from Fred yet, I wonder if it's already on the way, or if there's time for a last minute request.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
That Premium edition is very, very cool. But it's just not in the cards with my current tool budget.

However, I haven't received my Christmas gift from Fred yet, I wonder if it's already on the way, or if there's time for a last minute request.
I wonder if Fred gets the "case discount." He could pass the extras around for good cheer!

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post

John,

Have you received my Christmas gift yet? It may have met the one you sent me and the both exploded. Now that would be a waste. Oh, of course I sent you one of the new Veritas planes knowing that you had sent me your Felder combo machine.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 11-07-2009, 08:42 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Here is a very detailed review of these block planes.

Check out the rest of the site too. Very interesting.