talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Member suggestions for the Forum design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 05:21 PM

Default Classifieds board?

Hi,

How about a classifieds board? With the cafe growing so fast the for sale items are going to get lost in all the cross talk.

Also one of the feature I liked alot about the other forum was that you could actually see who was reading a particular thread when you opened it. It was fun and exiting to post a thread and come back to see who was reading it.

Eiji
Old 08-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Classifieds board?

Eiji,

There is some nice add-on Classified software available for vBulletin forum software (our software). It's one of the options being considered. It's kind of resource intensive, so we have to move carefully.

Regarding seeing who's online, go to "Quick Links --> Who's Online".

Regards,

Dan.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClark View Post
Eiji, Regarding seeing who's online, go to "Quick Links --> Who's Online".
Regards,
Dan.
I agree, a separate "classified section" would be wonderful! Also, I believe Eiji is referring to being able to see who is reading a particular thread, not who is online on the forum in general, but who is actually reading a particular thread.

Mike
Old 08-23-2008, 08:34 PM

Mike,
You can see who's reading a particular thread, I just checked as a regular user, who's online next Column over location shows what the user is looking at, there is even a link you can click to look at the same thing they are seeing ......... I don't see your point?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWhite View Post
Mike,
You can see who's reading a particular thread, I just checked as a regular user, who's online next Column over location shows what the user is looking at, there is even a link you can click to look at the same thing they are seeing ......... I don't see your point?
On some other forums, while you are viewing a particular thread, you can also see who else is viewing that same thread. I realize you can do that here, by clicking on "Quick Links" and selecting Who's Online, it's just simpler when this info is listed on top of the actual thread, there is no extra step involved to determine who is viewing the same thread you are.

It's not a big deal, I think this was just the point Eiji was trying to state.

Mike
Old 08-23-2008, 09:48 PM

A ha now I understand what you mean ....
Old 07-15-2009, 01:10 PM

Bump for the classifieds option.... A simple forum would be enough probably. No need for the software.

Though if you needed the software I'm currently running a VPS that you could host off of if your current host won't cut it.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:01 PM

I'll join the growing herd for a classifed section in a simple forum layout.

,,,,,r

Old 07-15-2009, 03:15 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Me too. I need to make some space in my shop and I'd rather not go direct to ebay or clutter up the forum with FS posts.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:27 PM

Aye
And Michael, just mail it here. Whatever it is, I am sure I can dispose of it for you with ease. Now if I can get Rick and Fred to do the same . . .