talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Member suggestions for the Forum design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Classifieds board?

Thank you Dan, Colin and all volunteers........

cheers,
Roger

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

I second, third and fourth that! Next to science, this is the place I spend most of my computer time, and it's time well spent! (Well - according to me, but perhaps not to Sharon...)
Old 07-16-2009, 12:33 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post

Thank you Dan, Colin and all volunteers........

cheers,
Roger

Colin, how about giving us the complete list so we can send some good thoughts their way?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 PM

Micheal,

All the Admin and Mods help out as much as they can doing different duties, ranging from major modifications, fighting spam or just tiding up stray posts, we all discuss ways to keep the forum running smoothly and everyone's input is valuable.......as has been said on numerous occasions here we are a TEAM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:02 AM

There are probably a lot of members who have no idea how many of you there are. I know individual members of the TEAM pitch in as much as they can so it's because there are a bunch of you that things run so smoothly from the users point of view.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:42 AM

Micheal,

The answer is defiantly yes working together does make things run more smoothly

for those new to the forum a list Admin and Moderators can be found here
Old 07-17-2009, 09:13 PM

Well... Come next week I'll probably have about 50-60 new Amana router bits (including 1/4" shank ones for you guys still using wimpy bits) that I'll be selling off fairly cheaply. That is of course after I pick through and pilfer the ones I want from the lot.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post
Well... Come next week I'll probably have about 50-60 new Amana router bits (including 1/4" shank ones for you guys still using wimpy bits) that I'll be selling off fairly cheaply. That is of course after I pick through and pilfer the ones I want from the lot.
Careful! You don't want to provoke anyone into accusing you of making wimpy little drums
Old 07-18-2009, 03:33 AM

Shoot... last bass drum I did was 24" diameter x 20" depth... That's a LOT of surface area to finish. Nothing wimpy about that thing. It's also the first and last 24" drum I'll ever do. All that surface area to finish seems like even more surface area when you're wet sanding
Old 07-18-2009, 01:50 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWhite View Post
Micheal,

All the Admin and Mods help out as much as they can doing different duties, ranging from major modifications, fighting spam or just tiding up stray posts, we all discuss ways to keep the forum running smoothly and every one's input is valuable.......as has been said on numerous occasions here we are a TEAM.
Let me take this opportunity to tell you how much I really appreciate all of your efforts providing this great forum. I visit several other woodworking forums but this has become home. There hasn't been any area of woodworking, cabinet making or furniture making that I lacked knowledge (there are a lot) that this forum didn't provide the answers and a wealth of related information. That credit goes to you principals that keep it all running smoothly.

A classified section would be nice, sort of like getting first chance at hand-me-downs from family members before going to eBay where misrepresentations abound.