talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Member suggestions for the Forum design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Ignore forums?

Reading between the lines, Joraft, I suspect a facility to "ignore posts by" (enter user name of choice), is what is being enquired about.
I may be wrong and being mortal that happens, it is a facility on a couple of UK forums, the fun comes when a hot topic gets going and someone asks "Why can't I see posts by *******?"

regards Rob.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGB View Post

Reading between the lines, Joraft, I suspect a facility to "ignore posts by" (enter user name of choice), is what is being enquired about.
Actually, Rob, Jay (the original poster) did mention that he knew how to block the posts of other members, but he's looking for a way to block subjects rather than people.

As I said earlier, there may be a way and I just don't about it. I was hoping someone with more knowledge of the forum software could help us out here.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Founding Member

Jay,

AFAIK, there is no way to "Ignore Forums". For example, when you hit "New Posts", it retrieves all new posts regardless of category.

About the best I can suggest is to hide forum sections that you don't want to see. For example, if you don't want to see the "Non-Festool Tools" section, hit the black arrow in the "Non-Festool Tools" section header.

Regards,

Dan.

Last edited by DanClark; 04-28-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ExtremelyAvg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post
It is curious how memories are prompted.

Henry Kissinger has a brother (Walter) who speaks in a perfectly normal New York accent. When asked why Henry maintains a heavy German accent Walter replied, "Because Henry never listens".
I have never read that quote, but it is really interesting. (Note: I not commenting on this thread, beyond just that quote, which I loved.)