talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Member suggestions for the Forum design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Design / Inspiration Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasslefactor View Post
*Strangely enough, now that I've brought it up, I can't find it anymore...
Laurie,

As of a few weeks ago I finally "got" the picture download thing.
So of course now your scaring me with yet another feature I have yet to use.
Is it like a "flag" thing you put on emails to remember?

,,,,r

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:47 AM

We could also include a section of our member's original designs.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:00 AM

Great suggestion Jay
Old 10-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EijiFuller View Post
We could also include a section of our member's original designs.
I think that would be the most fun part, Eiji. Sort of a technical supplement to your web site, for instance. With commentary from the peanut gallery.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:49 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post
Laurie,

As of a few weeks ago I finally "got" the picture download thing.
So of course now your scaring me with yet another feature I have yet to use.
Is it like a "flag" thing you put on emails to remember?

,,,,r

Be at peace. It's a SWEET little feature, completely non-threatening. I just started a separate thread about it...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKnoll View Post

Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone else thinks that it might be helpful to have a forum dedicated to design / inspiration where we could post stuff like

in and about town .... Streams of Modernism (Denver)

and like this

KM COOK WOODWORKING

Or this

Pritam & Eames: The First Decade

We could find stuff easier if the posts were categorized in one area, rather than scattered throughout the forum,

I would think that members would still post their own projects in the existing "projects" forums.
Jay, I think this is a good idea. Good enough for the tF team to have a "meeting" about it.

One of the great things about this forum is that we have a team to keep it running smoothly, every member having their own set of responsibilities. No one gets overwhelmed. Of course the downside to that is that every decision we make can lead to weeks of discussion before we make a move.

However, I'm glad to say that most of our decisions have worked out pretty well.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:40 PM

Sounds good to me John, if I can help let me know, although you must realize that there are times that I'm totally without internet, as strange as that may seem

Jay
Old 10-13-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Jay, I think this is a good idea. Good enough for the tF team to have a "meeting" about it.

One of the great things about this forum is that we have a team to keep it running smoothly, every member having their own set of responsibilities. No one gets overwhelmed. Of course the downside to that is that every decision we make can lead to weeks of discussion before we make a move.

However, I'm glad to say that most of our decisions have worked out pretty well.

While your having that "meeting" .......
Regarding the "Marcou Planes Progression Pictures Thread", when posting of the pictures why can't we have forward / reverse feature?
Rather than closing out and then opening each picture as we do now.
I mentioned this earlier and Phillip liked the idea,,,,,but NOBODY else (moderators) responded to the thought.
This is an example, open any picture in the first post.....
Champion Tool Co. "Buck Saw"? Pics Added - Sawmill Creek
hmm, it's a lot easier to go forward and backwards, right????

Last edited by RogerSavatteri; 10-13-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post

While your having that "meeting" .......
Regarding the "Marcou Planes Progression Pictures Thread", when posting of the pictures why can't we have forward / reverse feature?
Rather than closing out and then opening each picture as we do now.
I mentioned this earlier and Phillip liked the idea,,,,,but NOBODY else (moderators) responded to the thought.
Actually, I think Ron seconded that motion, Roger. But I will enthusiastically third it RIGHT NOW.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:27 PM

Roger,
I for one saw your comment and took note and I am sure the other techies here saw it to. Implementing changes like you mention requires adding other pieces of software to the already quite long list we already use, we have to test these software's out to make sure they play nicely with the others. I'm not trying to make excuses but we do have a software upgrade to do soon and some software too add for security purposes when we do theses sorts of thing we like to do them one by one and run for a while to make sure things are running smoothly before making the next change, your suggestion will be considered and if we deem it worthwhile we will implement it. This may seem a little laborious but this method of working has served us well and talkfestool has been very stable with little or no problems.
You may think your comments have gone unnoticed but I for one do read every post made here personally even if I don' always respond..
Thanks for bringing this idea to our attention.