talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Member suggestions for the Forum design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 09:52 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York
Default Happy Birthday talkFestool!

Close enough....

It looks like July 28 is the anniversary for the membership, though the administrators logged in ten days earlier.

It's amazing that it's only been a year! This place really feels like home so congratulations to Colin and all the guys that built this forum. Thank you very much for a job well done.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Happy Birthday talkFestool!

Wow! That's fantastic! It's hard to believe that it's only a year - I feel like I've known you all my whole life. I guess I've known you all for the important part of my life (the last year).

Though I don't frequent other forums, I am sure that this is the premier forum of any sort. And thank you to all you administrators and moderators, and particularly Colin, for making this available to us all. We all owe you so so much. Thank you thank you thank you.

And happy anniversary!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:43 PM

Happy Birthday Talkfestool

The biggest thanks to Dan Clark and Ned Young, without them t/f would have never been, thanks to the other admin and mods for their time, enthusiasm and help in running the forum. Most of all a big thanks to all the members here especially the ones that call this home, without your support this forum would not be here. Here's to another year of t/f
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:47 PM

Hey guys, thanks for all the great support

We should all give ourselves a pat on the back for keeping this such a civil, interesting place.

I can't remember when I joined, or how I found out about this group, but suffice it to say, I'm glad I did!

Now the question of the day (date), do you think John will have power by our second anniversary?

Jay
Old 07-26-2009, 10:51 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
(Does that look like Festool green?)

Many thanks for creating a wonderful forum! You all do a GREAT job.

I'm learning, I'm learning, I'm learning...

Last edited by RONWEN; 07-26-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:05 PM

Ok, were is the cake?

Thanks for all your work guys!!!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKnoll View Post

Now the question of the day (date), do you think John will have power by our second anniversary?
If I don't, I'll be off hiding somewhere.

It's hard to believe it has only been a year. There has been so much we've done, both in the forum and out in the real world. What a great collection of folks we've gathered here.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:32 AM

Thanks for the hard work from the moderators and administrators. But, a great big thanks to the members, for patiently answering newbie questions. Now, where is the cake? Could we have bacon chocolate cupcakes instead?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:54 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by immunoboy View Post
Thanks for the hard work from the moderators and administrators. But, a great big thanks to the members, for patiently answering newbie questions. Now, where is the cake? Could we have bacon chocolate cupcakes instead?
Like I always say, "bacon makes everything taste better".
Old 07-27-2009, 01:16 AM

Yes happy birthday, maybe Laurie could whip up an official TalkFestool cake