talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Member suggestions for the Forum design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Happy Birthday talkFestool!

LOL you guys are too crazy, I'm still getting thrashed by jet lag so I'm not responsibile for my miscount. And I don't have time to check EVERY thead.

A self appointed secretary, now that is a new one. Thanks Michael, now I should have left you the key to my shop so when I returned it would be sparkling clean.

Paris is great, I'll try to stay in touch but I find this site a bit overwhelming if one only logs on once a day.

Jay
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:45 PM

Only just noticed this one:p

Thanks to all the admin, mods and members This is by far the best group of people I've met in one forum, and it can only get better as the forum grows
Talkfestool is also the most easy going forum I've visited, and at the same time a wealth of knowledge
Here's to another great year!!!
Cheers!
Okami
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:57 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKnoll View Post
LOL you guys are too crazy, I'm still getting thrashed by jet lag so I'm not responsibile for my miscount. And I don't have time to check EVERY thead.

A self appointed secretary, now that is a new one. Thanks Michael, now I should have left you the key to my shop so when I returned it would be sparkling clean.

Paris is great, I'll try to stay in touch but I find this site a bit overwhelming if one only logs on once a day.

Jay
If you send your shop key be sure it is very well padded with a thick layer of gas money.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:57 PM

if you want to see a different museum in Paris, this is the one

Les Arts Décoratifs - Site officiel

Great furniture exhibits, plus much more, click around the site

Jay
Old 07-31-2009, 04:17 PM

Found some woodworking in Paris, was strolling along the Viaduc des Arts near the Bastille and found a workshop that specializes in restoration, but also does some "bespoke" work.

Here is their site, Cabinet maker and designer fine furniture: Aisthésis Paris there is an English page if it comes up in French

And they had some Festool stuff in the shop (atelier)

In some of the furniture I saw shark or skate skin applied to the wood like a veneer, a very interesting combination that I may have to try.

And here's a video of the area

Le Viaduc des Arts, Paris - Video - Concierge.com

No, guys, she wasn't our personal tour guide, but we enjoyed ourselves anyway.

Jay