talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Member suggestions for the Forum design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Happy Birthday talkFestool!

Coming from the new guy to the forum AND woodworking... I can say that there is an astounding amount of knowledge and talent on this forum. I'm already members of entirely too many forums but this is the only woodworking forum I frequent and in the few short weeks I've been posting I've already gathered quite a bit of knowledge.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:37 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSwenson View Post
Yes happy birthday, maybe Laurie could whip up an official TalkFestool cake
She will probably try to pass off that same old CAKE that everybody "gets" for their birthday. Do pictures get stale?

Last edited by RONWEN; 07-27-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:57 AM
Founding Member

It is the talkFestool members who make this forum what it is. Like the other Mods and Admins, I work hard for the forum. However, I work much harder trying to be a good forum member! It's difficult keeping up with you guys and lady!

Many thanks,

Dan.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:19 AM

I have to agree with Dan, this forum is what our members have made it. Those of us behind the scenes just provide a place for you to post and where you can be creative. It's the members that have steered it to where it is.

It's been a wonderful first year and I hope we have many more great years. It's been a pleasure to learn more about many of you through all the posts.

P.S. My prediction is John will still have no power by our 2nd anniversary. He will discover that he needs a small nuclear power plant to power the shop and he will be still filing the red tape paperwork.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Hey - did you notice that we're only 2 members away from 1000 members? That's kind of cool.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwas View Post

P.S. My prediction is John will still have no power by our 2nd anniversary. He will discover that he needs a small nuclear power plant to power the shop and he will be still filing the red tape paperwork.
In fact, Steve, I'm looking at those right now. They're pretty darn expensive to set up. Not to mention the cost of shipping all the nuclear waste down to San Diego.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

Hey - did you notice that we're only 2 members away from 1000 members? That's kind of cool.
Peter, the true number is the one at the bottom of the Member List, which now sits at 947.

For some reason the total on the front page still includes some of the spammers we had to boot.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Oh well - it was exciting. Briefly.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

Oh well - it was exciting. Briefly.
We'll get there.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:00 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwas View Post
I have to agree with Dan, this forum is what our members have made it. Those of us behind the scenes just provide a place for you to post and where you can be creative. It's the members that have steered it to where it is.

It's been a wonderful first year and I hope we have many more great years. It's been a pleasure to learn more about many of you through all the posts.

Nuclear power is FAR too dangerous and frightening for the hobbyist to install in the home workshop.

Anyway, John would need at least 1.21 jigowatts of power.