talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk

Forum Help Desk Here is where to go to get help on how to use talkFestool or make suggestions to improve our forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2016, 10:07 PM

Default Kapex main fences

I'm using my Kapex for the first time. I needed to adjust it slightly for a 90 degree cut. I verified it with an accurate square. (I have not yet used the method shown on p. 24 in the online manual.) Here's the problem: In sliding a piece of baseboard to my right along the left fence - my left - it just barely stops against the inner edge of the right fence. Is there a way to correct this slightly out of alignment situation with the fences? Appreciate the help.
Mark Hays
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-04-2016, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Kapex main fences

It does sound like the fence is not straight. If so, you will want to call Festool and most likely send it in to be repaired.

I recently decided to treat myself to a new Kapex. Purchased the UG stand, Extension Wings and a Kapex hose too. Unfortunately, my Kapex also arrived with a bad fence. On mine, the horseshoe-shaped main fence piece was deformed leaving the left and right halves out of alignment -- a straight board across the fence would hit on the outer edges of either side leaving a gap in the middle. Adding to the problem, the fence was also out of plumb, with the left side leaning towards you while the right side leaned slightly away. And to top it off, , the right extension fence was rather curved at the inside edge. I was so disgusted with the lack of QC that I sent it back for a refund and ate the cost of the accessories. Need a nice new cart and wings?

Sorry your Kapex isn't up to you satisfaction. I know how you feel. I've always been into the power tools, but have been severely lacking in the hand tool department. After this Kapex purchase, I've taken a new direction and succumbed to all the 'bad' influence around here and started down that hand tool path. Heck, I figure I'll enjoy the new set of LN planes much better anyway.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!