talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Forum Features & How-to FAQ

Forum Features & How-to FAQ A list of Tip and tricks on how to better use talkFestool.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 03:24 AM

Default Re: I can't view pics from an older thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasslefactor View Post
I miss Eiji and his excellent work on tF, too. And it's heartbreaking to think of someone with his artistic vision and fine craftsmanship closing up shop.

As for YOU, Okami.... I say keep the faith.

Truly, IKEA is nothing but a distraction. The people who shop there are not your market! Without an IKEA, those same people would choose to buy something similarly cheap elsewhere. Every minute a professional woodworker spends fretting about IKEA is a minute that could be productively invested in identifying REAL prospective customers and figuring out how to effectively market to them. Sam Maloof didn't become Sam Maloof by trying to compete with the price of mass-produced junk - instead, he raised his prices and rich people flocked to stand in line and wait.

You can do it.
Thanks for the support Laurie
I'm trying hard to keep things going steady here. It's been a tough year here in Japan.. Many small businesses have gone under. We're all hoping for a better 2012
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-25-2011, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
I seem to recall that he was pretty excited about packing up & moving to South Africa (I think) based on an e-mailed offer from someone over there (he'd never met) to teach woodworking. It sounded like a entirely upside down lifestyle from San Diego (or anywhere in a developed country). Hopefully our (my?) advice against going was good advice and he hasn't bought into something similar. He has stellar talent and I wish the best for him.
Does anyone else remember that situation I'm talking about?
Yes, I remember that, Ron..
There are a lot of scams coming out of that part of the world.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

I was thinking it was NIgeria or Namibia or someplace. In any case, I'm pretty sure that's not what happened with Eiji. I'll try to find out...
Old 11-25-2011, 08:17 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
I was thinking it was NIgeria or Namibia or someplace. In any case, I'm pretty sure that's not what happened with Eiji. I'll try to find out...
Yes, that sounds correct. Hopefully (I guess) he has a new, good paying job near where he lives now.