talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Finishing

Finishing How you make your work look great!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Waterborne

The 6008 is the same gun as the 5008 except the 5008 is a gravity fed cup gun.

the 6008/5008 guns only use 3-6 cfm at 30psi. I think the T200st is rated at 4.8 cfm at 100psi so it should keep up. Adding a reserve tank would be the easiest option if you wanted to spray continuously.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Founding Member

Eiji,

I couldn't find the 6008 this morning. Has this gun been discontinued?

Thanks,

Dan.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:33 PM

Asturo Low Air Spray Gun
Old 09-27-2009, 05:18 PM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by EijiFuller View Post

What tip size(s) did you get/use?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:38 AM

that tip is perfect for most clears but if you want to shoot stains and shellac you'll want the 1.1 and for heavier bodied finishes obviously the 1.5 and the 1.8 for latex paints. I could only get one so I got the 1.3

I also up graded to the 12' hose. which actually came out to 15' but Im not complaining.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EijiFuller View Post
Eiji,

I had some problems connecting to this site. However, I sent an e-amil to Spray Gun World (that link) and got a response from a fellow named Mike.

Mike said that the marketing name for the gun is "X Series II", but the computer number is 6008. So that clears up some confusion for me.

Regards,

Dan.

Last edited by DanClark; 09-28-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Founding Member

Eiji,

After swapping some e-mails with Mike at Spray Gun World, I'm going to get your gun with either the PPS or the Asturo liner system.

The Asturo liner system looks interesting because you can use it with or without the exterior hard cup. Apparently the benefit is that you can get into tight places.

Thanks for the good information.

Dan.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:40 AM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClark View Post
Eiji,

After swapping some e-mails with Mike at Spray Gun World, I'm going to get your gun with either the PPS or the Asturo liner system.

The Asturo liner system looks interesting because you can use it with or without the exterior hard cup. Apparently the benefit is that you can get into tight places.

Thanks for the good information.

Dan.
Dan,
So it sounds like you decided to get Eiji's original 5008 gun with an attached gravity feed cup? Instead of the 2 quart pressure feed pot?
Is that the set that comes with air 3 tips? If so, why did you choose the gravity feed cup?

Thanks,
Ron
Old 09-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Founding Member

Ron,

Sorry, my bad. I'm leaning toward Eiji's current gun - the 6008 bottom mount gun (Asturo X Series II) on the Spray Gun World website.

I like the idea of a pressurized feed cup. By adding the PPS system, it should provide most of features I want - shoot from multiple positions, ability to use multiple sized cups (Mini, Standard, and Large), and at high feed rate.

With a PPS starter kit, it looks like I can get the 6008 for a couple bucks under $300. By getting this combo, I can try it with my current compressor. If it works, that's great. If not, I can sell the gun, get a new PPS adapter, and use the PPS cups and lids on another gun. This looks like the lowest cost, lowest risk option for getting into HVLP.

Regards,

Dan.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:20 AM

To answer your question, 2820ST
It showed up today. I think the plastic filters are a joke. Those won't last a week on a job site. But other than that, I like it on first impression. Reasonably quiet. I'll get to try it out tomorrow. And the filters I can fix.