talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Finishing

Finishing How you make your work look great!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 06:13 AM

Default Capspray CS10000

I picked up a CS10000 today for 250.00. I need to clean a bunch of paint off, rebuild the gun, and replace a couple of fittings but other than that it looks good. The compressor attached is a dual head thomas. that is one sweet compressor rated for continuous use and is very quiet. I think the compressor alone is worth more than the price I paid for the whole unit.

Im going to need a couple of parts for the gun and was thinking that I could either rebuild the gun or order an Iwata 101P instead. Will that gun be a good match to the system?

Is the CS10000 a good system? I couldnt find anything about it other than manufacturer specs.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:04 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Capspray CS10000

Eiji,
You may want to lay low for several days, as far I can find on the Internet they will probably be looking for you with handcuffs -- I think that you stole it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:40 AM

The original listing price on CL was 200.00 . I was the first one to email and when he called me and said that he had a number of emails I talked him into making sure I had first dibs. He called me the next day and said he had so many inquiries that he was raising the price to 250.00. I hymned and hawed a bit then said OK. .

The seller is a general contractor that purchased it from a friend and the reason he was selling was that it wasnt spraying the unthinned latex paint very good. Too bad he didnt clean the gun after trying though.

It looks like I will have to shell out another 300 for a decent gun and hoses. Maybe I will find something suitable on CL.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Eiji,

If you're looking for just a gun, you might want to check out Apollo. They're right there in San Marcos. Ask for Jason if you check them out. He's been great to deal with and it's not an issue to get something worked on if needed.

Mike
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:52 PM

Location: Born and raised in Omaha,NE. Trying to scratch out a living doing fine art in the midwest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EijiFuller View Post
The original listing price on CL was 200.00 . I was the first one to email and when he called me and said that he had a number of emails I talked him into making sure I had first dibs. He called me the next day and said he had so many inquiries that he was raising the price to 250.00. I hymned and hawed a bit then said OK. .

The seller is a general contractor that purchased it from a friend and the reason he was selling was that it wasnt spraying the unthinned latex paint very good. Too bad he didnt clean the gun after trying though.

It looks like I will have to shell out another 300 for a decent gun and hoses. Maybe I will find something suitable on CL.

What size tip was he using? I use a #5 when I spray latex even though a # 4 would work.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrol View Post
What size tip was he using? I use a #5 when I spray latex even though a # 4 would work.
Probably doesn't matter. I am betting Eiji won't be spraying much latex paint.