talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Finishing

Finishing How you make your work look great!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Perfect Little Angel

Default Water Based Products

The other day I had a guy come from the Los Angeles area to me to demonstrate some water based products. The company carries Target as well as several other brands. He went over the products and we did some spraying. The product that I have now selected as my standard is made by a company called "Renner". You can use a cross linker in both the seal coat and finish coat, it's up to you. It's pretty hard to find any information online about this product as it's Italy based. I'm very impressed at this point with what I've seen and tested. The 245 top coat looks like Vanilla pudding but sprays out and flatens out very nicely. I saw a lot of samples of Target and this product and while I find the target stuff was nice, I liked this better. The products mentioned below are clear and not amber. I don't like the amber finish for what I do. Let me know if you want any other info.

Sealer - Renner 150
Top Coat - Renner Y010-E245-30 (30 is satin, 10 is flat, 50 semi, 80 gloss)
Cross Linker - YC E401 (reticulation additive)
Retarder if needed during hot/dry times - Target SA5 works well
Primer for painted products - YLE 180-02
Paint Product (doesn not need to be clear coated and can be cross linked) Y015M760-SBN
Old 02-07-2009, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Water Based Products

How is the price compared to Target's?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Perfect Little Angel

Default Re: Water Based Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwas View Post
How is the price compared to Target's?

Most of the stuff is pretty much in the same range. Here's the prices for this product. I tend to not worry so much about the cost (to a point I guess) but would rather have the best product I can get. I don't wanna ever go back to the house to fix my work. I wanna make sure I'm building them something else to remodel another part of it. We want zero defects... The finish on this product matches what we are looking to achieve and while I don't have enough practical experience from what I've seen appears very durable (It meets and\or exceeds KCMA standards)

150 Sealer = $52.50 gallon
245 Top Coat = $55.00 gallon
Cross Linker = $112.00 Liter (use about 2 oz. per gallon)

Primer = $30.50 gallon
Paint = $62.00 gallon white $69.00 gallon tinted