talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Finishing

Finishing How you make your work look great!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Fuji Mini Mite 3

Try it out on Waterborne first then please post your experience. There is certainly a learning curve but not enough to abandon the idea. The warm air is nice cause it helps reduce moisture in the line. Hell if all else fails add a length of copper pipe to serve as a heat trap.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitCamp View Post
Hey Eiji,

I've been wanting to find out more about spraying. I've even thought about taking the finishing class up at Palomar.

I'll be psyched to hear what you think.

- Kit
Kit,

I'm taking the finishing class at Palomar. It's a real eye opener. You might want to give it a shot when you've got a chance. They have both a 4 hour day class and one in the evenings as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:03 PM

Location: Born and raised in Omaha,NE. Trying to scratch out a living doing fine art in the midwest.

I have a 4 stage Capspray turbine setup i got from Sherwin Williams. It does a good job and portability and less overspray make it work for my needs. It is not the same as a Sata or DeVillbus but you don't have to have a huge compressor either. General makes a good WB that can be brushed as well. I have been using WBs for 20 some years when not much was available other than Benjamin Moore water based urethane that would yellow and do other wacky things. Of all the WBs I have used, even with tinting, they all have "milky" look on dark stained surfaces. Hesse makes a good WB that is spray only and there is a local shutter builder that uses it exclusively. If you have ever sprayed shutters that says a lot. I hate finishing shutters! Skill comes with use and you can get great results with the Fuji as well as other HVLP turbines. They are really good for handrails and spindles on site. If you want to use a solvent base product Hesse makes a post catalyzed lacquer/urethane that is extremely tough and some contractor friends have used it in some exterior applications.