talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2019, 02:47 AM

Default ETS EC 150/3 again

Well my ETS 150 quit again tonight. In the past before I sent it in under warranty it would always restart but not now. I will have to call them tomorrow and see what they say.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-2019, 01:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears
Default Re: ETS EC 150/3 again

Not what we expect with Festool. Keep us posted if you have time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-2019, 03:09 PM

Talked to Brad is service this morning, he was able to look up by SN and told me that repairs are covered for 6 moths and sent me a prepaid shipping label. So it is off to the UPs store today and another wait, last time 11 days. It takes UPS for ever to drive it back and forth.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Frustrating no doubt. Iím curious how much use it gets in your shop?
Old 01-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Paul,

Yea it is frustrating, but as long as they keep fixing it... On the moderated FOG there seems to be several problems mentioned. I asked the guy today if they have been having problems with this model and he said he did not know, every tool he sees is broken.

If they have sold 50,000 units and only 5 have problems and guys make a big deal about it then It can seem to be a huge problem when it really is not.

I use this sander as my go to sander, I really like it and use it hard. I am not sure how to quantify my use other than I am in my shop nearly everyday.

Mark
Old 01-22-2019, 11:59 PM

I have to say I was wondering when Festool was sending my sander back and low and behold there it was on the front porch today! Festool received it on Jan 15 and shipped it back on the 16th. Gotta be pretty impressed with that.

Mark
Old 01-23-2019, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Yes that’s a nice turn around, hope the repairs last for you.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:34 PM

Well looks like it is going back for a third time. I will call them in the morning and see what they say.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:02 AM

Called service today and explained what was going on and told them it had been less than 6 months on the last repair. The guy tried to tell me the 6 month warranty is only good on parts you paid for in the repair. I kinda nicely pushed back and finally he said I could send it on their nickel and they would see what to do with it. I asked at UPS what it would coast to ship if I had to pay for it and they said 46.00, gulp. I am sure that Festool gets some better prices on shipping. I think they could work a deal so you could use the free service and then just pay Festool for their cost of shipping when you pay for the repair. They are nice and quick on turning it around the only problem is the week or so it takes UPS each way.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sta2lt View Post
Well looks like it is going back for a third time. I will call them in the morning and see what they say.
. Same Issue or different problem?....