talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2018, 09:18 PM

Default This looks Interesting- MX 1200 mixer

https://www.festool.com/Products/Pag...spx?pid=768004

I’ve been looking at similar mixers for a couple of years now as well as D- Handled drills to take the place of how I now mix with a geared down Milwaukee Drill. The Ergonomics are probably better on this type of mixer than my drill as far as wrist strain is concerned.....

I have read however, that you can end up with aches or muscle pain in your lower back with the style handle that the MX is using. I’ll have to try one out in person with some drywall mix next month when they’re in stock at my local dealer and see for myself.

Last edited by Leakyroof; 03-25-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-26-2018, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: This looks Interesting- MX 1200 mixer

Just think of all the things you could do with that mixer!

Does it come with long blades to make it into a personal helicopter? Just point it up, and GO!

Until your extension cord unplugs...
Old 03-26-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Just think of all the things you could do with that mixer!

Does it come with long blades to make it into a personal helicopter? Just point it up, and GO!

Until your extension cord unplugs...
Wiseguy... Or should I say, WiseChair based on your new promotion......
We'll see how the Demo goes next month on this mixer. With the handle style that it has, you are a bit fixed in your holding of the tool, which transfers, possibly, the stress of holding it differently than a Spade Handled or D Handled drill does. That could be good, or bad. I had read reviews of similar handled mixers that the posters said was easier on their wrists than a Spade Handled Drill for mixing, but could get tiring on your lower back if you had to stoop or bend for long periods of time since you are fixed with your arms at a certain position while holding this type mixer.
I won't ever be using it for long periods of time, so I'm hoping that's a moot point...
Old 03-29-2018, 10:56 PM

The mixing rods look interesting as well. Different versions for different viscosity material or if you want to mix from the bottom up, or Top to bottom depending on what you're trying to stir/mix. I like the quick coupler for detaching a long mixing rod quickly. Now for next weeks shipment at my local dealer to show up...
Old 03-31-2018, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

The handle arrangement looks similar to a 12v agricultural post-hole digger that runs off a pickup battery. The variety of paddles is a great feature. I have an old Milwaukee Hole Hawg with the pipe side handle that has always worked great for me. Any indication of Festool's price?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-2018, 07:11 PM

I thought it was in the Link, guess not.just under $400 with 1 mixer blade provided. No Systainer as far as I know. Cardboard box like Planex
Old 04-05-2018, 04:22 AM

Mixer comes with General Purpose Mixing Blade HS2.
The Quick Coupler at the end of the shaft allows you to extend or retract the mixing blade shaft from the Mixer as a Height Adjustment in case you wanted to tweak your stance while using the tool. This sliding arbor as I’m calling it has grooves spaced to catch the spring loaded balls of that Quick Coupler Chuck for the steps or intervals of adjustment.
Festool’s spec is each step is 2cm with a max adjustment of 8cm....(0.8” to 3.2” )... Clever idea....
A busy crew that needs different mixing blades could probably buy extra arbors to keep mounted on each blade so changes are very fast instead of unscrewing a mixing blade from the single arbor that comes with the mixer.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:36 PM

So I bought the Mixer and 2 extra blades. It does come in a cardboard box, and I haven't really planned to get a Systainer for it. Festool gives you a 19mm/22mm double open end wrench for the sliding arbor and the nut on the blade. You tighten the blade into the arbor/spindle of the mixer. I haven't measured the thread on the blades, probably a 14mm or 16mm by the looks of them.
With this mounting system, you're not buying other blades from Home Depot or other places that are using just plain HEX shanks on their mixing blades, so be forewarned that this is definitely a system type blade that's not going to be like what's on your shelf locally.
Interesting fact, Festool thought to include a warning card of sorts that one can possible see oil leakage, minor, out of the Mixer if it's left to sit for a long time, and not to worry about it.
Don't think I've seen that as an added literature in one of their tool boxes before...

Once I get the pictures cropped to fit our file limit for attachment, I'll include them of the Mixer and the extra blades.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:17 PM

AS in the box when opened...
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mixer-002.jpg  
Old 04-05-2018, 05:18 PM

That oil 'notice'....
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mixer-004.jpg