talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2018, 06:27 PM

Default Re: This looks Interesting- MX 1200 mixer

Shaft Coupler installed on that cut mixer blade. No set screws to dig into the surface of the blade shaft, instead, these couplers clamp securely like a Collet with that gap cut into them. 14mm inner diameter, which matches the outer diameter of the Festool Blade nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mx-1200-069.jpg  
Old 04-11-2018, 06:31 PM

I've only cut one of my 3 mixing blades, will test the coupler system next week with actually drywall mixing. This way if I find any slippage of the coupler on the blade shafts, I can decide what to do next.
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mx-1200-070.jpg  
Old 04-11-2018, 06:33 PM

Blade halves stored in the Sys 5 along with the Mixer. This set-up leaves one half of a single blade always attached to the Festool Mixer Adapter/Arbor, so you can switch lower mixing blade sections as needed, but it all still fits in the Systainer once broken down to the shorter sections.
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mx-1200-071.jpg  
Old 04-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Would they fit whole in a Max Systainer, like the ones used for the Planex & Accessories?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-13-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
Would they fit whole in a Max Systainer, like the ones used for the Planex & Accessories?
. In theory, yes, since they are 596mm and the Maxi is 600.....
I REALLY didnít want to buy a separate Maxi Sys for 3 blades though....
Old 05-12-2018, 03:12 AM

While I’ve only mixed Paint so far with the MX 1200, here are some thoughts.... Lightweight, easy to control in paint. The mixing blades just clear the opening of a 1 gallon paint can, and are probably meant more for life in a 5 gallon bucket with their heft and size.
The WS blade does a great job of bringing dormant/separated paint back into a smooth fully mixed coating. I mixed both Oil Based and Latex with it and another blade that Festool rated more for non-paint mixing as a quick test.
The WS has a flat bottom to it with round rod welded to the blades, so it does a nice job of stirring up pigment and solids that have settled to the bottom of the can while not cutting into the can material with the protection provided by the round rod.

Last edited by Leakyroof; 05-12-2018 at 03:28 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!