talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2018, 04:24 PM

Default Re: This looks Interesting- MX 1200 mixer

Different Mixer blades- Photo got a bit cut off in the editing process...
The More complex patterned blade on the Left is the WS model, which Festool describes as for :Paints, varnishes, wall paints, emulsion paints, plasters, glues and tile adhesives.
The simple blade on the right is the CS model, For balancing weights..... what?.....[ I have no idea either....] fillers, sealants and adhesives. If anyone has some light to shed for the 'Balancing Weights', feel free to add to the translation..... It may have gotten lost from Technical German to layman English somewhere in the process....
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mixer-007.jpg  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:25 PM

Here's a better picture of that WS blade..
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mixer-006.jpg  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:28 PM

More on the ErgoFix Quick Coupler
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mixer-010.jpg  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Arbor/Spindle partially extended...
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mixer-011.jpg  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:31 PM

And fully removed with the blade of your choice screwed into it... Festool didn't put any grease or lube on this part, so I'm guessing they didn't feel it's needed... But, if you aren't in the habit of moving the arbor in or out or even fully pulling it out once in awhile, I could see it rusting under the right conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mixer-013.jpg  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:34 PM

Speeds for the Mixer are listed as : Dial Setting... 1- 360 RPM, [2] 410, [3]3 470 [4] 520 [5] 580 and finally [6] at 670 RPMs...
It also has Soft-Start so you don't fling your mixture all over the place when starting the Mixer...
Old 04-05-2018, 05:30 PM

A picture of the Mixer upside down , showing the encased/protected On-Off switch and the usual Green Speed Dial.
Attached Thumbnails
looks-interesting-mx-1200-mixer-mixer-009.jpg  
Old 04-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Looks like those blades could be mounted in a Jacobs chuck on my Milwaukee Hole Hawg. Before you get the blades all dirty, have you thought about making an omelet for 50 in a 5 gallon bucket?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-09-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
Looks like those blades could be mounted in a Jacobs chuck on my Milwaukee Hole Hawg. Before you get the blades all dirty, have you thought about making an omelet for 50 in a 5 gallon bucket?
Not sure that you'd want to try mounting the blades in a regular chuck since there is no Hex or Round end to the drive end of the blades like on almost all other larger mixing blades. This system from Festool uses a 12 or 14mm thread at the end of the blade to screw into the sliding arbor or Adapter as Festool is calling it. The 22mm nut/hex on the end of the blade, just past the threaded section is way larger than any Jacobs chuck would normally handle in a hand held drill or tool....
If you cut off the threaded section along with that 22 mm nut, you'd have a 14mm smooth/round shaft to chuck up, that's basically 9/16", still a large amount with many chucks being 1/2" capacity....

Last edited by Leakyroof; 04-09-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-2018, 06:24 PM

New mods to my Mixer Kit- I bought a Systainer 5 to house the mixer and mixing blades in. I further modified the stock blades so they'd actually fit in the Systainer. That entailed cutting a blade to a length of about 14 3/4" and adding a Shaft Coupler to the end of one part of the blade , which allows me to join the blade halves together when I need to, and then separate them into those shorter pieces when it's time to store them back in the Systainer. I'll post pictures once I downsize them for uploading here.