talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 10:08 PM

Default Any thoughts on the new Hybrid Sanders?

Festool ETSC 125 Random Orbit, Festool DTSC 400 and its RTSC brother.......
I don't see a need for me getting one, but they ARE interesting as a concept. Battery Powered if you don't have access to electricity, or Line/Mains power with the cord if you do. Seems to be the best of both worlds for some points. That battery compatibility issue with the sanders not matching other tools has been noted on FOG and elsewhere...
Old 10-14-2017, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Any thoughts on the new Hybrid Sanders?

I think I will be sticking with corded.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2017, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Any thoughts on the new Hybrid Sanders?

I think it would be great if my Milwaukee cordless tools had a cord attachment option, especially for those things that quickly drain a battery. My little M18 blower especially comes to mind. But sanding isn't one of those things that comes to mind that I want a cordless. Now days I'm usually using a sander with a vac, so I'm already needing a cord for that, and the vac hose is more of an issue than the cord regarding maneuverability. So for now this tool isn't a good fit for me, YMMV