talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2016, 09:07 PM

Default Anyone buying something in November?

Depending on where the Pro 5 Sander sale inventory ends up, I may get the tool I ordered....
Still need to look over the Duo light to see if it's worth my money. I won't buy the mating Festool Tri-Pod since it lacks tilting ability and I already own a decent one for the Syslites I have. I will need to make an adapter for the Duo light to mount to the standard 1/4-20 threaded mount of my existing Tri-pod, but that's not hard at all.
Still no need for a HK saw... but they are interesting...
Old 10-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Anyone buying something in November?

Festoolwise, if I get the pro 5 I pre-ordered I'll probably be getting some abrasives soon after.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:33 PM

I got an email today about "New Festool Routers", but was bummed out when I saw that they were talking about the 1010, 1400, and 2200 with imperial scales.
Ho-humm...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-15-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecloud View Post
I got an email today about "New Festool Routers", but was bummed out when I saw that they were talking about the 1010, 1400, and 2200 with imperial scales.
Ho-humm...
Hah, the march of the Imperial tool versions. That is such a volatile thread on FOG....
Old 10-15-2016, 03:13 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post
Depending on where the Pro 5 Sander sale inventory ends up, I may get the tool I ordered....
Still need to look over the Duo light to see if it's worth my money. I won't buy the mating Festool Tri-Pod since it lacks tilting ability and I already own a decent one for the Syslites I have. I will need to make an adapter for the Duo light to mount to the standard 1/4-20 threaded mount of my existing Tri-pod, but that's not hard at all.
Still no need for a HK saw... but they are interesting...
I read something that implied that the Duo light might overheat if tilted too far the wrong way...

I bought the TSC 55 in October, before the Pro 5 kaflouie.

One of the reasons I went ahead and bought the TSC (even though there are already 4 Festool saws in my shop ) is that Festool LiIon 5.2Ah batteries are only $65 in the US. That is half the going rate for competitor's similar units.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-15-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post
Hah, the march of the Imperial tool versions. That is such a volatile thread on FOG....
Luking in the back of the instruction manual for the new TSC 55 was an adhesive sticker with Imperial increments
Old 10-22-2016, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

I received the fall catalog today, and apparently Festool is only going to offer Imperial Scale tools in the U.S., once the metric supplies are exhausted. Just when I was getting thoroughly metric-ulated.....

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 10-22-2016, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
I received the fall catalog today, and apparently Festool is only going to offer Imperial Scale tools in the U.S., once the metric supplies are exhausted. Just when I was getting thoroughly metric-ulated.....
Yup, I was told at FOG they were not going to continue offering the metric versions because it would be too hard to inventory. That sounded kinda pathetic to me. But there's suposed to be a metric conversion available for a fee, i guess the fee helps to inventory the conversion. Why they didn't pursue a dual scale where possible makes no sense to me.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:58 AM

I think Bob Marino stocked up on metric scaled tools so if you don't wait tooo long you can still get them (from him) the way they were meant to be.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:14 AM

It looks like I need to pick up sooner rather than later the OF1010 router I've been ogling. I converted (nearly) my entire shop to Festool and metric a few years ago.

Mini Rant
Honestly, The US needs to suck it up and get metric with the rest of the planet.