talkFestool

talkFestool (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/)
-   Festool Tools (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/festool-tools/)
-   -   Anyone buying something in November? (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/festool-tools/6819-anyone-buying-something-november.html)

Leakyroof 10-14-2016 09:07 PM

Anyone buying something in November?

Depending on where the Pro 5 Sander sale inventory ends up, I may get the tool I ordered....:nuts:
Still need to look over the Duo light to see if it's worth my money. I won't buy the mating Festool Tri-Pod since it lacks tilting ability and I already own a decent one for the Syslites I have. I will need to make an adapter for the Duo light to mount to the standard 1/4-20 threaded mount of my existing Tri-pod, but that's not hard at all.
Still no need for a HK saw... but they are interesting...:cool:

PaulG 10-14-2016 11:05 PM

Re: Anyone buying something in November?

Festoolwise, if I get the pro 5 I pre-ordered I'll probably be getting some abrasives soon after.

jessecloud 10-14-2016 11:33 PM

I got an email today about "New Festool Routers", but was bummed out when I saw that they were talking about the 1010, 1400, and 2200 with imperial scales.
Ho-humm...

Leakyroof 10-15-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessecloud (Post 93253)
I got an email today about "New Festool Routers", but was bummed out when I saw that they were talking about the 1010, 1400, and 2200 with imperial scales.
Ho-humm...

Hah, the march of the Imperial tool versions. That is such a volatile thread on FOG....Bang Head

MichaelKellough 10-15-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leakyroof (Post 93251)
Depending on where the Pro 5 Sander sale inventory ends up, I may get the tool I ordered....:nuts:
Still need to look over the Duo light to see if it's worth my money. I won't buy the mating Festool Tri-Pod since it lacks tilting ability and I already own a decent one for the Syslites I have. I will need to make an adapter for the Duo light to mount to the standard 1/4-20 threaded mount of my existing Tri-pod, but that's not hard at all.
Still no need for a HK saw... but they are interesting...:cool:

I read something that implied that the Duo light might overheat if tilted too far the wrong way...

I bought the TSC 55 in October, before the Pro 5 kaflouie.

One of the reasons I went ahead and bought the TSC (even though there are already 4 Festool saws in my shop :nuts:) is that Festool LiIon 5.2Ah batteries are only $65 in the US. That is half the going rate for competitor's similar units.

MichaelKellough 10-15-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leakyroof (Post 93254)
Hah, the march of the Imperial tool versions. That is such a volatile thread on FOG....Bang Head

Luking in the back of the instruction manual for the new TSC 55 was an adhesive sticker with Imperial increments :nono:

Wonderwino 10-22-2016 07:22 PM

I received the fall catalog today, and apparently Festool is only going to offer Imperial Scale tools in the U.S., once the metric supplies are exhausted. Just when I was getting thoroughly metric-ulated.....:cool:

PaulG 10-22-2016 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderwino (Post 93283)
I received the fall catalog today, and apparently Festool is only going to offer Imperial Scale tools in the U.S., once the metric supplies are exhausted. Just when I was getting thoroughly metric-ulated.....:cool:

Yup, I was told at FOG they were not going to continue offering the metric versions because it would be too hard to inventory. That sounded kinda pathetic to me. But there's suposed to be a metric conversion available for a fee, i guess the fee helps to inventory the conversion. Why they didn't pursue a dual scale where possible makes no sense to me.

MichaelKellough 10-23-2016 12:58 AM

I think Bob Marino stocked up on metric scaled tools so if you don't wait tooo long you can still get them (from him) the way they were meant to be.

twistsol 10-24-2016 03:14 AM

It looks like I need to pick up sooner rather than later the OF1010 router I've been ogling. I converted (nearly) my entire shop to Festool and metric a few years ago.

Mini Rant
Honestly, The US needs to suck it up and get metric with the rest of the planet.