talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2016, 02:25 AM

Default Carvex Revisited

I've had my Carvex since they came out here in the US. After all that time has gone by, I still don't like the location of the On-Off switch, in either hand it's just too far forward with the Barrel version. I'm wondering if a switch to the D handled saw would be better.
I've also never gotten friendly with the clear plastic shield in the front. I fight to get it off most of the time unless I reach for a tiny flat blade screwdriver to get it started off the face of the Jigsaw...
I love using the Jigsaw, just wonder if anyone else here has run into the same observations after a few years of ownership ....
Old 08-18-2016, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Carvex Revisited

Not sure if this is what you are referring to or not...

What I don't like is that it is not convenient for quickly turning off the saw, which may be what you are referring to. I have been cutting thin material where the saw would start to bounce and I would quickly have to grab and reach for the switch to turn it off.

I like the power, the light, and the interchangeable bases of the saw. I have the battery version which is really handy.

I have not had an issue personally with the plastic screen - I will slide it up but never had a need to remove it. Why are you wanting to remove it?

I tried both the barrel and D-handle and found the barrel grip to be a bit more comfortable and controllable in terms of my hand being closer to the work.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilc View Post
Not sure if this is what you are referring to or not...

What I don't like is that it is not convenient for quickly turning off the saw, which may be what you are referring to. I have been cutting thin material where the saw would start to bounce and I would quickly have to grab and reach for the switch to turn it off.

I like the power, the light, and the interchangeable bases of the saw. I have the battery version which is really handy.

I have not had an issue personally with the plastic screen - I will slide it up but never had a need to remove it. Why are you wanting to remove it?

I tried both the barrel and D-handle and found the barrel grip to be a bit more comfortable and controllable in terms of my hand being closer to the work.
As usual , you nailed it. The on/off switch is never near where I want it to be.
As for the Plastic Shield, if you ever use the smaller blades, you need a closer contact with the blade lock to successfully get a smaller than normal blade locked on place since they are much shorter than a normal length blade.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:10 AM
Administrator

I'm quite happy with my D handle corded except for the funky angle base with its 1/2 sized contact surface. I find it too easy to tip the saw, maybe the elevation of the D handle adds to that as well.