talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2016, 02:45 PM

Default CT Midi with Dust Deputy

I purchased the dust deputy with intent of attaching it to my CT Midi. I knew there was going to have to be some modification to the DD. I was wondering if anyone else has made this modification and might be able to share their experience and maybe some pics. Thanks in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Default Re: CT Midi with Dust Deputy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxwoodworker View Post
I purchased the dust deputy with intent of attaching it to my CT Midi. I knew there was going to have to be some modification to the DD. I was wondering if anyone else has made this modification and might be able to share their experience and maybe some pics. Thanks in advance.
If you ordered the UDD, it fits fine on a midi per their website Ultimate Dust Deputy Cyclone Kit for Festool - #AXD000009 | Oneida Air Systems, Inc.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:07 AM

That's that exact one I ordered but unfortunately it doesn't just snap on. I did find a post on here with pics that show the mods I have to make. Kinda hate to cut into it but if I want it to snap in place I have no option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-04-2016, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxwoodworker View Post
That's that exact one I ordered but unfortunately it doesn't just snap on. I did find a post on here with pics that show the mods I have to make. Kinda hate to cut into it but if I want it to snap in place I have no option.
That's surprising, they say it fits right on like a systainer would. Have you talked with Oneida about it yet?
Old 06-04-2016, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

I had to cut a couple of pins off my UDD to get it onto my CT-Mini (which might be the same as the CT-Midi). It's not as tight a connection as I would like, but it works just fine. You're really going to like having the cyclone system - it saves an amazing amount on bags.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:58 PM

That's exactly what I did as well. Fits pretty god and works like I thought it would.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Glad you got it sorted out
Old 06-08-2016, 06:46 PM

In case we missed it...