talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2016, 02:57 PM

Default Brilliant 2 is discontinued

Sorry POTO, I know it was your go-to Festool Abrasive....
Festool started with dropping it for the Planex, which is kind of funny since when they introduced that Sander, they were touting how cheap a single disc of Brilliant 2 was for all the Drywall people sitting on the fence about buying a Planex. Then they quietly dropped Brilliant 2 for the Granat that was also available for the Planex....
Now the rest of the sander line is following suit.
I think only the tiny hand sander will get to keep Brilliant 2 as a choice from what I'm hearing
Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Brilliant 2 is discontinued

Well, you're right: I use Rubin for grits up to 180, and Brilliant for everything higher. I've got a good supply laid in, but it will definitely run out! Perhaps I should stock up.

How do people like the Granat - particularly the higher grits?
Old 04-20-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Well, you're right: I use Rubin for grits up to 180, and Brilliant for everything higher. I've got a good supply laid in, but it will definitely run out! Perhaps I should stock up.

I think the general consensus is that Brillant 2 has a more even scratch pattern than Granat has.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

Granat has served me well, I use from 40 to 1500 with my RO90 and it does what I need from it. Unfortunately I don't have any frame of reference to other Festool papers to compare with.