talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2016, 01:23 AM

Default Dust Extractor CT SYS - # 584174

Dust Extractor CT SYS - 584174
This thing is slick. I preordered one. Comes out May Day I think.
It’s on the Festool website now but what I can say by playing with it was that the hoses friction fit kinda nice.
The site fails to show a key photo. You can dismount the upper hose garage. Then strap the main vacuum over your shoulder.
Walk around the room with a tool, sanding.
Did that make sense? You must be corded.
Also I show the optional? Reusable bag. Rated at 350 uses? See the site.
There is a rectangular opening in the bottom for air flow. Not for long hair hippies.
Note:
It looks like Festool has worked out its rep problems at least in Illinois.
They seem to have one rep for paint store dealers and a different rep for the wood working stores.
Peoria has one dealer for each. Both are nice.
This rep, Victor got 5 stars today for preparedness, knowledge of product line and so forth.
For those who bleed green the new rep Victor makes you feel warm and fuzzy for the products. I appreciated his time.
Additionally I cried and whined begging for a coffee mug and think one will be in the mail.

Last edited by SignGuy; 04-19-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-19-2016, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Dust Extractor CT SYS - # 584174

Attached Thumbnails
dust-extractor-ct-sys-584174-20160418_140402-copy.jpg   dust-extractor-ct-sys-584174-20160418_140722-copy.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-20-2016, 12:40 AM

Saw one last week at Woodworld in Chicago.

Really cool concept. Two downsides that I saw - no variable speed suction and a small bag that holds about a gallon of capacity. But the portability is a game changer for smaller jobs where you want to bring along a stack of systainers and get the job done quickly.

I have a Midi and a CT-26. Don't need another vac just yet, but I could see it even as an extra vac for around the house. Far better suction than what you find in consumer grade units.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

It would be really tough to put a cyclone on one of those...
Old 04-20-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilc View Post
Saw one last week at Woodworld in Chicago.

Really cool concept. Two downsides that I saw - no variable speed suction and a small bag that holds about a gallon of capacity. But the portability is a game changer for smaller jobs where you want to bring along a stack of systainers and get the job done quickly.

I have a Midi and a CT-26. Don't need another vac just yet, but I could see it even as an extra vac for around the house. Far better suction than what you find in consumer grade units.
. No variable speed?... Huh... Hmmm....
Kind of surprised it doesn't ...
Old 04-23-2016, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Thanks for those photos SignGuy, now it makes sense.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

I checked the tech specs and it has an 80" max vacuum as opposed to 96" on the larger vacs. Maybe this is weak enough to sand without issues.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 04-24-2017, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
I checked the tech specs and it has an 80" max vacuum as opposed to 96" on the larger vacs. Maybe this is weak enough to sand without issues.
Nope, on finer grit sanding , I found while testing that your sander pulls to the surface too much even with the reduced CFM rating of the SYS Vac. I tamed mine with a different hose than stock that has a adjustable valve on the end of the hose.
I suspect that with coarse grits or rough material surfaces you wouldn't notice it nearly as much. Probably just more of an issue with smooth paper and surfaces...

Last edited by Leakyroof; 04-25-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:37 PM

Here's a shot of me using the Blower Port on the CT-Sys Vac. I rarely used that feature on my now long gone CT-22, but it's nice to have it when you need it.
Attached Thumbnails
dust-extractor-ct-sys-584174-door-work-019.jpg