talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2015, 07:43 PM

Default FS 3000 and TS 75

Does anyone know if a 3000 rail will allow cutting a whole 4x8 sheet longwise without plunge cutting the ends when using a TS75? I am using my 1400 and 1900 joined but it is a PITA.

Mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas
Default Re: FS 3000 and TS 75

The 3000 rail is the recommended one to cut a full 8' sheet with the TS75 due to that saw's longer footprint. The TS55 can use the 2800 rail.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-27-2015, 10:52 PM

Is it a PITA because they don't line up well or simply because you are tired of joining them?
There is a joining jig available I believe to make joining the festool rails more consistent. I just use a long straight edge personally.
Joining the festool rails has received a lot of complaint because often the rail ends aren't cut square and the joining system isn't foolproof.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:02 PM

Thank you.

It is a pain because they seem to move in relation to each other every time I need to move the track.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:13 PM

Right, gottcha!
That's probably a case of the ineffectiveness of the festool joining system. It's not the best rail system by a long shot.
Are the steel rail joiners screwed down snug (not too tight otherwise it'll distort the rail)?
How much gap between the rails are you experiencing when joining them?
Old 10-28-2015, 01:22 AM

Very little gap, just wiggles when I move them. I am using Seneca Woodworks parallel guides.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:03 AM

I see.. It seems very delicate..the joining system isn't great, anyone that's joined the rails often will tell you.
Maybe you'll be better with a long rail or go to the Mafell/Bosch system. Their rails and joining are superior.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sta2lt View Post
Very little gap, just wiggles when I move them. I am using Seneca Woodworks parallel guides.
I have heard that the Betterly[ spelling could be wrong] system of joining the rails works well for the people that have bought them.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post
I have heard that the Betterly[ spelling could be wrong] system of joining the rails works well for the people that have bought them.
Thanks for the tip, I just went and ordered one https://www.festoolproducts.com/Bett...-R-p/slc23.htm

I had been using a 78" level, but that Betterley Guide seems like an easier way.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:41 PM

$100 and a lot of brain damage for connecting two rails, about $300 for a 3000 mm rail starts to sound like a good deal, doesn't it?