talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2015, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas
Default Re: FS 3000 and TS 75

I always just use a 6' level when connecting rails and it has worked fine; even when I connected 3 to make an 18'+ rail. The 1400 + 1900 makes a 3.3 meter long rail which might be a little more ungainly to handle than the 3000 for multiple repetitive cuts. I've never used the parallel guides with joined rails, so I don't know how well that would work.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-29-2015, 01:52 AM

Yea,

Thought about the price difference after ordering, just a couple hundred more buys a long rail.

The long level works nice, just found that I have to do it each time I move the guide, I figured the Betterley deal could be set back on while moving and it should hold it's position- we'll see!

Don't feel too bad about spending a bit since my friend gave me an almost new 55 saw and the two short rails since he cuts all his sheet goods on his CNC. I did feel a little guilty, so I gave him a limited edition BCTW square.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-29-2015, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

My old parallel jig with the piano hinge will probably work fine keeping joined rails in place, as it would serve as a backbone, of sorts. Best part is you'd be all set up to rip too! It doesn't have the issue of stressing the rail that most current 'parallel guide' offerings have as my old design has the jig holding the rail rather than the rail holding the jig (not smart.)
Old 10-29-2015, 04:40 AM

Nice one, Corwin
Have a picture or link of it for this thread?
Old 10-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Nice one, Corwin
I had photos of the jig years ago, but they're on an obsolete PC. However, I am currently working on a SketchUp illustration that will show basic parallel setups, including my old panel jig. It is similar to the hinged wing on my Narrow Strip Jig that I showed recently in my SketchUp animation.

Last edited by Corwin; 10-30-2015 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Nice one, Corwin
How about a vid?

Last edited by Corwin; 11-22-2015 at 09:45 PM.