talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2015, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Festool tracksaw blades, what do you think?

The blade I was referring to earlier. Never heard of this brand or branch...pretty good blade in the 75. Has been an improvement on the universal blade.
Attached Thumbnails
festool-tracksaw-blades-what-do-you-image.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-03-2015, 03:06 AM

Very cool, thanks for sharing this info. I've always feel that 75 owners are a bit of a pioneer when they go outside the norm for fixes with their saws since the bigger saw isn't as popular as the 55.....
Old 04-15-2016, 09:02 PM

My Ts55 rips hardwood well with Freud rip blade have done 45mm thick rip 2.6m long for counter - two boards dominoed and edge glued with no other treatment of edges. Small gap at one end only because the length was marginal for my joined rails.

Tenryu Japan does not do blades for Festool. Tenryu USA does. Web site claims 5 years R&D perfecting their track saw blades. I got one to try. super thin finish blade with riving knife and blade stiffener disc. Made in china. Just got and haven't used yet. The super thin blade has small carbide teeth compared with the freud blades I have which have much chunkier tips. Both brands have teflon coating and antivibration laser cuts.

Tenryu America, Inc. - Tenryu Website Products page
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-2016, 02:57 AM

Tenryu Japan will make me any blade I request. I've had a couple made for my Northfield table saw. Tenryu Japan are made in Japan, I haven't had any dealings with Tenryu USA, so can't comment about them.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:34 AM

When I read the website, I thought the custom blades were for commercial quantities. Are you getting commercial quantities or one-offs? How much are they??