talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2015, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Wanting to buy a Domino, some questions.

All but decided on the Domino with CT-26 and Dust Deputy, appreciate all the answers and opinions.

My next decision will be on where to buy it, I have come up with two choices, one the local Woodcraft(Fred would be on the phone to me at this point,) or Tools for Working Wood, I have met them and chatted at several wood shows- worked the Bridge City booth next to them at the last Handworks, so feel like buying from friends. I do agree in buying local, although is Woodcraft really local? I'll make a decision by the time I get to Iowa!

Best,
Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

I would always buy from a person who I know needs my business over a chain that makes money from people. Just my two cents.

P.S. Good choices!
Old 05-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
All but decided on the Domino with CT-26 and Dust Deputy, appreciate all the answers and opinions.

My next decision will be on where to buy it, I have come up with two choices, one the local Woodcraft(Fred would be on the phone to me at this point,) or Tools for Working Wood, I have met them and chatted at several wood shows- worked the Bridge City booth next to them at the last Handworks, so feel like buying from friends. I do agree in buying local, although is Woodcraft really local? I'll make a decision by the time I get to Iowa!

Best,
Rutager
The combo should serve you well. I'm sure you'll make the right choice for you regarding vendor. Woodcraft is my local vendor also, they're franchise stores so there is a store owner who forked out a bunch of money to get it started and hires local folks so while being a national brand there is still a local aspect to them. Woodcraft Franchise Opportunites, Support and Training
Old 05-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Woodcraft is a franchise operation, so local stores are mostly owned by franchisees, who may or may not be local.

Tools for Working Wood will be at Handworks again this year, so you could either order in person or see if they can bring your order with them, provided they are driving and have room. I just hope they bring enough hammers for everyone.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:

... My next decision will be on where to buy it, I have come up with two choices, one the local Woodcraft (Fred would be on the phone to me at this point,) or Tools for Working Wood ...
Tools for Working Wood is owned by Joel Moskowitz, a very good friend of Fred's (wasn't everybody?) if that makes any difference. I started buying from Joel (after Fred ordered me to ), service has been good.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:23 AM

Good choices, Rutager. That vac set-up with the DD should serve you well for many different tools and woodworking situations.
Will the domi be the 500 or 700?
As to whom you purchase from, that's a personal thing for you to decide
Old 05-08-2015, 01:36 AM

Okami,

I'll be getting the 500, I don't normally work in large scale, so no point in fighting a big tool for small stuff just in the off chance I might need larger capacity down the road.

Joel seems like a great guy, so likely my order will go to him at Handworks.

Rutager
Old 05-08-2015, 01:41 AM

Another quick point about purchasing; I have never checked out or asked questions about the domino at Woodcraft. If I get the benefit of a businesses advice, I buy from them- I think it is poor to check out a product at a brick and mortar shop and then buy it elsewhere, unless they treated me poorly or had less than ethical practices.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Another quick point about purchasing; I have never checked out or asked questions about the domino at Woodcraft. If I get the benefit of a businesses advice, I buy from them- I think it is poor to check out a product at a brick and mortar shop and then buy it elsewhere, unless they treated me poorly or had less than ethical practices.
Well said
Old 05-08-2015, 02:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The term for that is showrooming, and I couldn't agree more.