talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 03:04 PM

Default Who's buying the New Carvex?

If I added up the two parts of the kit as I would LIKE to buy, it's about $550 before tax. Not cheap...
I may have to live with my old Bosch Barrel Jigsaw a bit longer..
I tried one out at my dealer. In Auto Mode, it really screams through material, but still gives a really clean cut with the right blade installed.
I wish I used a Jigsaw more often, as that would make the purchase that much easier to justify.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Who's buying the New Carvex?

I don't use a jigsaw enough to replace my Bosch, it does a decent job.
If I were in the market for a new jigsaw, I'd seriously be looking at the Mafell P1cc. Probably the best jigsaw on the market.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:45 PM

I'll add the Milwaukee M12 to the above list. Its all I use now. The Bosch just collects dust. I keep it in my truck mostly for cutting down material at the lumber yard. For around $100 you just can't go wrong. Oh yeah... it uses Bosch blades. Fantastic little saw.
Attached Thumbnails
whos-buying-new-carvex-milwaukee-m12-cordless-jig-saw.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 PM

I will be staying with my old Bosch jigsaw for now. This yrs tool $$ is for non powered hand tools.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 PM

I've been waiting a long time for this one; I trashed my Bosch years ago and was told the new Festool one was just about to be released. So I waited!

Best,
Rutager
Old 09-01-2013, 12:02 AM

I currently have a Metabo , and a Milwaukee M18 cordless .

I use Jig saws a lot , I'm going to try and get one . I was impressed with a Trion , mostly the ease and squareness of cuts in a 4"x4" .

I much prefer to use a jigger and a fence , than a circ saw , at least when workstands are less than perfect .

Chris
Old 09-01-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
I don't use a jigsaw enough to replace my Bosch, it does a decent job.
If I were in the market for a new jigsaw, I'd seriously be looking at the Mafell P1cc. Probably the best jigsaw on the market.

]
. Interesting but here in the US , Mafell is hard to come by and nowhere as represented like Festool.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post
. Interesting but here in the US , Mafell is hard to come by and nowhere as represented like Festool.
The same could be said for festool here, only represented through Hafele and extremely over-priced. This is why I have no brand loyalty to festool and seek the best individual tools for the job. In this case I believe the Mafell Pc11 to be the better jigsaw.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 PM

I am planing to order the P1cc, and I have canceled the Carvex pre-order.

Slowly people are discovering the Carvex to have limitations, and the gimmicks not work as well (the angle base is not that great) for what I can read on the postings.

Festool makes great tools, but not all its tools are great. I have to pick what is best for me.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:02 PM

Where can you get the P1cc in the states, and will it run on our current? I did a quick google search and didn't find any US sellers.

Rutager