talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 04:00 AM

Default Might Kapex Change Soon?

Just wondering...it's always my luck to buy a tool, then 6 months later, a new version comes out. It happened with my MFTs, it happened with my AFT55 and it's happened with other tools. I'm just lucky that way. Anyhow, I'm looking at getting a Kapex soon, but I know that it's been out for quite a while. I know that whatever version I have, a Kapex will be a nice tool, but it would be nice to be one of the first to have a version, rather than one of the last. Does anyone have a clue as to when a new Kapex might show itself?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Might Kapex Change Soon?

Pretty safe bet that it will show up in Europe six months or so before it comes to the US. I haven't seen any mention of it from our Euro friends...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darita View Post
....but it would be nice to be one of the first to have a version, rather than one of the last.
Not necessarily Darita - the current version had a problem for a while. It was rectified by the time I bought mine in 2010. It was something to do with the blade guard I think.

Cheers
Brett
Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 PM

There were a few problems. There was a grinding while changing the angle. I remember all the commotion at the time. Festool were sending out the new part for owners to fix themselves.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post

... There was a grinding while changing the angle. I remember all the commotion at the time. Festool were sending out the new part for owners to fix themselves.
Yes, I was involved in that. The bushing on the table would start making a grinding noise when swinging the head, and then bind up altogether. The solution was a few new parts, including a bolt, a new latch mechanism and some other stuff. If I remember correctly it only took a few minutes to change the parts. It fixed it completely and the problem never came back.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
. It fixed it completely and the problem never came back.

how can you be sure of that, John...you haven't used it yet
Old 04-20-2013, 05:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post

how can you be sure of that, John...you haven't used it yet
Hey! I'll have you know that I use my Kapex all the time. I do have electricity, it's only 3 phase that's in short supply (for now).

Geez, once you get a reputation it's hard to shake.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Hey! I'll have you know that I use my Kapex all the time. I do have electricity, it's only 3 phase that's in short supply (for now).

Geez, once you get a reputation it's hard to shake.

You know what they say, John... No photo, it didn't happen