talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 06:31 PM

Default PAYDIRT!

Well boys I bought an ETS 150/3 sander a couple of weeks ago to break the ice. (sold 2 routers, 1 trim router, 1 Quicksand and 1 palm sander, all Porter Cable to do it!).

Been shopping for a Domino 500 and two weekends ago just missed by a few minutes a new Domino 500 kit with a new accessory systainer in addition for 800 on Craigslist. It took me a day or two to get over it!

Low and behold I checked Craigslist Friday night and caught a Domino 500, 1400 router, Midi vac, 1400 guide rail and a pair of quick clamps all new
for 1500.

The seller took 1450. and was gracious enough to not entertain other offers till I got to him Saturday morning.

I gotta tell you I slept with my clothes on waiting for daybreak!
Good thing my local dealer is backordered on 500s or I would have just paid 900 plus 8.25% and been happy as a lark.

By the way how can you tell if a lark is happy or not? I don't know if there are any larks in the Bronx anyway!

Peace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:36 PM

Default Re: PAYDIRT!

Nice score. I suspect a lark sings, or chirps, or some such nonsense. Maybe you could whistle Dixie and just call it even?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaconblues View Post

... By the way how can you tell if a lark is happy or not? I don't know if there are any larks in the Bronx anyway!
Well, if there are any, and they are happy, it sure ain't over such a great Festool score. Well done.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Nice score, DB! That's awesome. You're well on your way down the slope now. Your next purchase should be the TS55 and MFT/3. You scoff. But trust me: you'll appreciate them!

Whatcha gonna build?

Old 04-14-2013, 11:17 PM

Excellent buying. You'll be like a cat with two tails I would expect.

I have it on very good authority, that there are Larks in the Bronx and they are very heavily into Larquetry.

Regards,

Rob
Old 04-15-2013, 03:57 AM

Congragulations . Feels good doesn't it.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:00 PM

Sure does feel good. Poto I got a pair of slippers made from banana peels! Get it......slippers! (sorry bout that).

The TS55 and MFT would certainly round things out nicely.

My original plan was for a CT 26. I'm OCD enuf to upgrade before firing it up for the first time!

Oh well here I go.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Whee!

"Slippers" good one!