talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 02:22 AM

Default Your opinion on this?

E-bay has a "Parallel/Rip Guides for Festool Guide Rails-Dogs" for sale as a accessories-that goes with a IncaT-Track plus. Does anybody use this or what do you think about this product?

Parallel Rip Guides for Festool Guide Rails Dogs | eBay

Thanks. How about your reply...kjhandwerk@zoominternet.net
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Your opinion on this?

Nice idea, but once I read it didn't include the Incra track it suddenly felt way over priced.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:27 PM

I have them and I think they're great. Their small, lightweight and accurate. I have never used the festool parallel rip guides so i can't compare the two. I saw a lot of complaints about the festool rip guides and couldn't justify the price. these are less than 1/2 the price and were worth it for me. dont get me wrong though $90 for 4 small pieces of plastic is a lot of money.they should be around $30 or so. I could have made my own out of scrap but I weighed out the options and felt that this was the best for me. hope it helps.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitandruntz View Post
I have them and I think they're great. Their small, lightweight and accurate. I have never used the festool parallel rip guides so i can't compare the two. I saw a lot of complaints about the festool rip guides and couldn't justify the price. these are less than 1/2 the price and were worth it for me. dont get me wrong though $90 for 4 small pieces of plastic is a lot of money.they should be around $30 or so. I could have made my own out of scrap but I weighed out the options and felt that this was the best for me. hope it helps.
I made my ow and they work very well but they are large and heavy. I bought a set of these to put on two 18" tracks. Used them last week and really like the weight and convenience!

Jack