talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 09:30 PM

Default Planex Release Date-March 1st-RWeber

Although he states he gave up waiting and no longer has the funds for one, I thought I'd post the above info off of FOG and that dealers are taking pre-orders for them at appox $1000 from what they're posting. Or it could go the way of the Carvex release..........
Does anyone know if the Surfix oiling system is coming to us, and just what the oil is for the different types that come in the Kit?
Old 02-10-2012, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Planex Release Date-March 1st-RWeber

Oh I heard the rumor ... again
Lets see. It'll be here this spring
Nope
This summer
Nope
Absolutely this fall, guaranteed
Nope
This spring
Not holding my breath, but the local dealer knows that the second he can order one, he should, and if he sells to anyone else before I have mine, I'm castrating him with a dull spoon.
It's good to have understandings with the businesses you frequent.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:39 AM

be still my beating heart
it actually looks true
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Better dull up that spoon...
Old 02-10-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Better dull up that spoon...
And leave some splinters just for added effect....
I love the fast 2nd post about 1/2 an hour later that said it might actually be true ....
Old 02-11-2012, 12:08 AM

Would it surprise anyone to know that I've ordered one?
Didn't think so.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:24 PM

They dropped the ball. Any other time in history that I'm aware of, new tools got to the dealers in time for the release date, so that when people (like me) came in on said promised date, the tools were available for purchase.
Nope.
UPS came and went today too, same story.
He even asked Festool for an update and described their response as "ambiguous". Like, they couldn't even tell him if they had shipped? Really? Is this anything at all like the company we all know and (yes, still) love?
I dunno.
Miffed enough, if it were someone else, a different tool, I'd have cancelled it already. If it's not sitting here tomorrow with a big red bow on it, I'll have to ponder it.
This really makes my head scratch. This is not at all anything like the company or the people that I got to know. This is very different. Is it a fluke, or have things changed? Clue? I don't.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Have you ever ordered from BCT?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 03-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeber View Post

They dropped the ball. Any other time in history that I'm aware of, new tools got to the dealers in time for the release date, so that when people (like me) came in on said promised date, the tools were available for purchase.
That's really disappointing, Randy. I've been looking forward to your review of the Planex.

I've been thinking about ordering one for myself. Partly because it could be useful, but mostly because I'm pretty sure Fred will never get one.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:02 PM

If it shows up, I probably will share. I don't know how many people really care about a drywall sander, but it's a pretty slick unit.
And Alex, to answer, no, I haven't. But if you're saying they're not particularly good at keeping promises either, I think that would really surprise me. I've contemplated the JMP numerous times, just haven't jumped. Yet.