talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 02:43 AM

Default Need repair help

Not sure this is the right place to post this but I have a Festool jigsaw that makes a lot of noise but does not work. Sounds like gears meshing? My question is where can I get it fixed? Please dont tell me to take it where I bought it because I bought it in Texas and now live in Iowa.

Thanks, Doug
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Need repair help

Welcome to the forum.

I would start by calling Festool Customer Service, 1 800 554-8741. They might be able to find something over the phone. They can also look up the serial number and see if it is covered under warranty. They can also advise which dealer to take it to.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:28 AM

Thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 PM

Doug,

Are you the same Doug U that used to frequent the Breaktime forum? Last I heard from you you were building a canoe?

Welcome to the forum here in any case!

Best,
Steve aka Fatroman
Old 01-12-2012, 03:53 AM

Steve
Yea, thats probably me. I'm on my third canoe now. I still read on breaktime classic but dont post, I'm going to hold out longer then Buck! Cant follow anything on the old BT, to confusing.
I really soured of BT for a while, started to see to many fake contractors/carpenters/cabinetmakers and just blew it off for a long time, when I came back to read something I saw the great split taking place and followed the mass exudus to BT classic but I dont have anything to offer so no reason to post. More fun to just read. A lot of people that I wonder about, Luka, Basswood, Tony(in NY) Andy, IMERC...........dont see any of those guys anymore.

I came here on your advice, remember? You told me to check out Fuller(?) not sure thats his name, think so? Found him and others worth comming back to see.
I just come here to read, see what others are doing/building, its a good place to steal ideas and see whats going on.

You keeping busy? Sounds like you are. I just got done doing two curved stairways and now doing two more and as usual, more work that I can handle on my own place.

I'll read ya later

Doug
Old 01-14-2012, 02:01 AM

Doug,

It's good to see you. Often wondered if you would float back through one of the forums.

If you've been up to curved stairs, I hope you'll share some photos. Can't speak for anyone other than me, but I always loved seeing your work.

I'm certainly staying busy, and even fighting my way out of the remodeling weeds of late. Trying to get my office finished before I shred the basement here.

Let's see. I see Andy (both Clifford and Engel) on Facebook from time to time. Basswood went back to graduate school, maybe 2 years ago the last I heard. TGNY? Someone has heard from him, maybe Sphere. Miss seeing him around. IMERC I've been trying to get in touch with. No idea where he's hiding. Probably a good fish hole in CO. Luka is still living in the same spot, as far as I know. Don't see him posting anywhere, though. And holding out longer than Buck, see, that was good for a laugh.

Seriously, post some photos. Here, there, or wherever. It'd be good to see what you are up to. 3rd canoe, too, huh? Sounds great.

Best,
Steve
Old 01-16-2012, 04:35 PM

Back to the original topic, I sent my sander to Festool USA for repair, but after doing that I discovered a small shop in town which handles Festool, and they say that they'd love to be the middle-man for that process. So call your local Festool dealer.

Mine will happily package it up and send it off and take care of all of that stuff for me for no more than it'd take to send it directly to Festool.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:23 AM

Thanks Dan, I'll give that a try.

Doug
Old 01-17-2012, 04:11 AM

Steve

I quit taking pics of the work I do about the same time I quit going on BT back about 3 or 4 years ago. I tell the guys I work with that I'm going to quit any day now and go to work at Lowes giving bad advice to the unsuspecting customers! Sometimes I think that I'm burnt out, other times I love what I do.

I owe the canoe thing to Andy Clifford, he mentioned it on BT way back and I looked into it, hooked me big time. Andy told me to start off with a simple plywood canoe but I couldnt go the "simple" route.

My son and I are building a 20 foot canoe right now, we plan to go to the boundry waters this summer and do some week long canoe trips, all my thoughts are focused on fun stuff, work just doesnt excite me anymore.
I took a few pictures of the canoe build when we started but never continued for very long, got to interested in the build and forgot all about the camera.
I'll atempt to post a pic of the first canoe, not completed but you'll get the drift.
I owe it all to Andy!

Doug
Attached Thumbnails
need-repair-help-img_1948.jpg  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Whoa, Doug! That's one beautiful canoe.

I pretty much grew up in a canoe. My father is a pretty well-known white-water canoeist in Canada, having written books on the subject, etc. I was often his bowman as a child. I've been down some of the most famous white-water rivers in Canada, and only put a few holes in canoes.

I'd love to hear how your canoe handles. The one hand-made canoe I tried was so tippy it was unusable. Gorgeous. But unusable.

Post more!!!