Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Festool Carvex Promo Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post
Dan, do you have the USA release date for the new tool? I just talked to my local dealer, he didn't know it was even coming out, but was interested to know more about it.
Leaky,

I'm speculating (hoping), but I'd guess sometime this Fall. Regarding the Dealer, most are the last to know. And even if they know, many times they can't tell you. Sorry.

Dan.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:53 PM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

The corded model appears to be somewhat more compact than the battery model although depending on the type of work (outside of the workshop) I could see where a battery model could be a handy contractor tool.
When I occasionally need a jig saw in my workshop I have the Bosch barrel grip which does a nice job.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-03-2010, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClark View Post
Leaky,

I'm speculating (hoping), but I'd guess sometime this Fall. Regarding the Dealer, most are the last to know. And even if they know, many times they can't tell you. Sorry.

Dan.
Yeah, I get that. I was reading a slightly earlier posting at a Aussie forum about the Carvex and Festool releases in general. One poster was a dealer, explained the whole Festool release policy for Europe, versus OZ versus USA. Kind of a *$&p shoot from his telling of it, as some products just "pop" up with no warning, others are a "sworn to secrecy" release that everyone keeps mum about until it's time to introduce the product/tool. And, of course, there's always tools or systems we here in the US don't even get due to a variety of reasons
Old 04-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Founding Member

Forrest Anderson just posted a link to very nice video review of new Carvex on FOG: Carvex promo video. Although the reviewer is speaking Russian, he does a very good review and it's not difficult to understand the majority of his message. Forrest...

Here's the original video:
Regards,

Dan.

p.s. the first few seconds of the video are a bit fuzzy, but that clear up quickly.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:41 AM

hi, guys these tools are not on sale in uk until 1st may, i dont think any dealerships will have them until a week or two , i am going to have a look at a festool demo day on the8th may, cant wait to be let loose on these, also been informed the blade has an eject system no more burnt fingers halfway through cutting counter tops, will let you know how it goes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Founding Member

ANEWLEAF,

First, welcome to talkFestool. And I must say, this is an EXCELLENT first post! We'll be looking for a followup when you get your hands on one. With pics, hopefully.

Stop in at the Meet the Members - talkFestool section and introduce yourself.

Best regards,

Dan.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:36 PM

I watched the videos a acouple days ago. Very cool stuff. The Russian one shows the blade ejection. I wonder if it will eject with the splinter guard in place?

Seth
Old 04-22-2010, 04:45 PM

I watched the videos a acouple days ago. Very cool stuff. The Russian one shows the blade ejection. I wonder if it will eject with the splinter guard in place? Probably not.

Seth
Old 06-18-2010, 03:11 PM

I'm sold on it , the barrel grip cordless model looks like my grail jigger !

Chris

Tags
carvex jigsaw