talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 08:11 AM

Default Buying Festool and getting Cashback with Microsoft BING

I can't seem to find any talk about the MS bing Cashback program in the Festool fourms, but thought you guys might benefit from this as I did. You can easily verify this and you should. I didn't believe it at first either and I am in no way affiliated or compensated for this.

As you know Festool is not discounted anywhere, however, Microsoft is trying to push their "bing" search engine, Bing. It is similar to Google.

This may sound complicated, but it really isn't. Anyway, if you search for Festool products using bing, sometimes the cashback icon will appear beside the search results from ebay. (This will also work for other product searches as well). When it does appear, and it does quite often, you must:
  • Use that link to ebay
  • Buy using "Buy it now"
  • Pay with Paypal
  • Compleate the purchase and Paypal payment within 60 minutes of the bing search

You will be paying full list price as always with Festool products as they are not discounted by the dealer, but, and here's the unbelievable kicker, you then recieve a percentage of the purchase price, currrently 8% cashback refunded back to your Paypal account from Microsoft. The percentage varies from time to time and I don't know why. I guess it's a Microsoft thing. You can only do one transaction each time with the cashback. If you are buying more than one item you will need to logout of ebay and go thru the bing search again. Crazy, but it's true.

Bottom line, I saved $141 plus free shipping on my new OF 1400 Router, and Kapex 120. Real money in my paypal account without any catch. Actually a little more because I bought a few other misc accerories. If you are about to purchase new tools, maybe you want to take advantage of this. Not sure how long they will be doing this.

I've seen ToolKing pop up in the search results a few times but not as often as ebay. And it was a lower percentage cashback for some rerason, so I bought thru ebay.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Buying Festool and getting Cashback with Microsoft BING

You won't find anything because when they started the cashback program there was only a couple of months during which you could buy festools. The company yanked the plug on that pretty quickly and all the dealers that were selling on ebay had to pull their tools off. I was lucky enough to buy my kapex and a few other things when cashback was at 20%.
I'm not sure why they've allowed the tools back on ebay but it's been that way for a few months now.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 PM

20%! Wow, and I thought I had a deal at 8%. That's a chunk of change off the Kapex.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:42 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Yeah, I was disappointed with Festool's decision to not allow dealers to sell full price on eBay. That decision came a month after PayPal started sending out private 20% coupons to apparently randomly chosen people to use for PayPal purchases on eBay. I was going to use it for about $800 of Festools and had everything setup with my favorite dealer (to do an eBay private auction... again, full price), but I had a personal emergency that delayed the purchase by 2 weeks; in the meantime, Festool decided to pull the plug.

To me, they pulled it not because they don't want things sold on eBay (obviously, look at eBay today) but because there was some way possible for you to save $2 on a Festool item. The dealer was still selling full price.

I don't want Festool to know that my American Express gives me 2% cash-back at the end of the year or they'll send out a memo to prohibit me from using it when I buy another tool.

Sorry, I like Festools, but this incident really pissed me off.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:15 AM

hi everybody, i dont know all the details about festool and discounts in the u.s.
but i know they dont like discounting here in australia.
tts actually had to go to court here because of price fixing.

i buy most of my festools here in australia. so i can only talk about my own experiences here.

anyway, when i go to a festool dealership, or any dealership for that matter. i always ask for 20 percent discount. this is usually followed by a good laugh by the salesman!
however, once i have found the person who owns the shop. i have a little chat, telling them how much i love the festool products and how much more of their products i would like to buy.

this does not take long, 1 or 2 minutes of their time. i always walk away with a new toy with minimum 10 percent discount. if they are decent people, they get my long term business. if they lie to me, i walk.

same goes for apple products. they dont like discounting either but theres ways round it. they will price match.......

regards, justin.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post
Yeah, I was disappointed with Festool's decision to not allow dealers to sell full price on eBay. That decision came a month after PayPal started sending out private 20% coupons to apparently randomly chosen people to use for PayPal purchases on eBay. I was going to use it for about $800 of Festools and had everything setup with my favorite dealer (to do an eBay private auction... again, full price), but I had a personal emergency that delayed the purchase by 2 weeks; in the meantime, Festool decided to pull the plug.

To me, they pulled it not because they don't want things sold on eBay (obviously, look at eBay today) but because there was some way possible for you to save $2 on a Festool item. The dealer was still selling full price.

I don't want Festool to know that my American Express gives me 2% cash-back at the end of the year or they'll send out a memo to prohibit me from using it when I buy another tool.

Sorry, I like Festools, but this incident really pissed me off.
It's not third party discounts per se that Festool has a problem with. The problem with the MS cash back was the Jonny come lately Festool dealers on Ebay having a big advantage over all the other dealers.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyaxsom View Post
20%! Wow, and I thought I had a deal at 8%. That's a chunk of change off the Kapex.
Yep, it sure was. I maxed out the cashback on that one, I believe the maximum amount you can get on one item is $250.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:24 PM

So is it still working?
Old 01-29-2010, 01:05 AM

Hello all, Im new here, well I've been reading for a while, but this is my first post. Anyway, I just checked the Bing link to toolking and it is still working. I thought I'd check since I am about to order a Kapex and that 8% would allow me to budget an extra blade. So my question is how is the customer service at Tool King? Dose anyone have any experience with them? Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Tony
Old 01-29-2010, 01:30 AM

I called them today and asked about package deals and modifying some of the order (e.g. switching rails, hoses, etc.). The sales person stated
"We don't do packages on eBay, and we don't do any substitutions. Festool is very strict about substitutions."
"But other dealers do substitutions..."
"They do? Um...."

So take that for what it's worth. I MAY order something from them, but it will be something that I don't need something substituted for.

I've been toying with the Bing thing throughout the day. It's been interesting to see that the visibility of the Bing cashback icon is somewhat consistent on the PC, but very inconsistent and rarely visible on the Mac. Very interesting!

Tags
ct 22, discount, ebay, kapex, mft/3