talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tools

Festool Tools Discussions about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 AM

Default Which C12 should I get?

My 14V Ridgid drill has all but died. I've been running on one battery for the last year and the chuck is slipping. I've been looking at the C12's and wondering which one would best suit me, the 1.3, 2.4 or 3.0. My work ranges from fine furniture to smaller built-ins. I have a small Bosch driver that does most of the work now but it doesn't have the strength or speed to do much drilling. For those of you guys that have a C12 what do you think?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Which C12 should I get?

I got the 1.3 for the lightness and the battery charges up in about 20 min.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

I did the same as Eiji. The batteries charge so quickly that you're never without one. They do run out, but there's always another available (as long as you remember to recharge). If you can't recharge on the job, I'd go for a bigger battery...
Old 03-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Founding Member

Like you Russell I don't have a drill yet--I'm waiting to look at the T12.

I have decided to get the smallest battery on whichever drill I get. It will probably be enough. I'm not a pro, so I think it's unlikely I'd use one small battery up in less time than the other will take to charge. Since I'm not a pro, I'd just wait a bit if I have to. The weight and cost savings are worth it, I think.

You've always got the option of getting a higher capacity battery later when you're convinced there's a need.

Ned
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 AM

I bought the 3.0 kit and ordered a 1.3 battery. The best of both worlds.

I used the 1.3 battery around the shop and use the 3.0 for field use.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 AM

I just can't get myself to spend that much money on a cordless.... maybe it's just me
Old 03-10-2009, 02:26 AM

Eco, I was the same way. I spent over year debating. I finally splurged and bought it. Now I wonder what took me so long.

I've never seen another cordless hold a charge while on the shelf for so long. I can't believe who well the charge last during use. For 12 volt drill, I can't believe the power in this.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecofurniture View Post
I just can't get myself to spend that much money on a cordless.... maybe it's just me
I thought the same until I saw the accessory chucks that come in the package. After years of trying to make my drills go places they were not intended to go, those chucks were a breath of fresh air. Perhaps they are available for other drills, but I had not seen them before.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

I also thought it was insane to spend that much on a cordless drill. Until I was finally persuaded (by the fine gentlemen here) to get one. Absolutely positively no regrets. Even my daughter (11) loves this tool!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwas View Post
Eco, I was the same way. I spent over year debating. I finally splurged and bought it. Now I wonder what took me so long.

I've never seen another cordless hold a charge while on the shelf for so long. I can't believe who well the charge last during use. For 12 volt drill, I can't believe the power in this.
That is a great point. I keep thinking that my battery should be used up and it keeps going! I seriously pick up expecting it to be run down, nope, still going.