talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Tips and Techniques

Festool Tips and Techniques Tips on using your Festools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 04:00 PM

Default Festool End-User Training in Lebanon, IN - Sign up for a chance to attend

Festool End-User Training – Participants Needed for Trial-Run

Course Description:
As a special “test of concept” for future end-user training classes, Festool is looking for participants to take part in a special 2-day training event, covering the TS Plunge-cut saws, PS Jigsaws, CT Dust Extractors, Rotex sanders, Multifunction tables, Kapex Miter saw, and Domino Joiner as well as any other specially requested topics from participants. This trial event is geared toward those users with at least a basic understanding of, and some experience using the Festool line.

This class will include some classroom discussion, though depending on the experience level of the class, we will try to spend most of the two days in the shop, actually using the tools. Although future classes may be project-based, this trial event will be focused on product benefits and system techniques, so that participants leave with a better understanding of how to work faster, easier, and smarter using the Festool System.

Date and time:
Aug 31-Sep 1
Class begins at 8:30am and ends at 5pm both days.

Selection Process:
If you are interested in participating, please go to the following link no later than this Thursday, August 13th, and provide a few details about yourself.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB229HR4H4JVU

We will notify selected participants (as well as a handful of alternates) by Monday of next week. The one thing we ask of our participants is that you arrive on time and stick around for the full two days. Since there is no charge for this class, you will lose nothing if you “no-show,” but it will mean that someone else misses out on a great opportunity.

Travel and Accommodations:
Participants are responsible for all travel and accommodations. However, we will be glad to help you make hotel reservations at our preferred local establishment (Fairfield Inn). And for those participants staying at the Fairfield Inn, Festool will arrive for pick-up on both days at 7:45am.

Festool will provide basic refreshments (bagels and coffee) in the morning at our HQ, and lunch will be provided both days.

Since some of the best conversations happen outside of the classroom, we’ll plan to cook out on Monday night at Festool HQ. This should be fun.

We look forward to hearing from all of you, and hope to see 10 of you very soon.

Best regards,

Festool Training Team

Last edited by MWilliams; 08-12-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Festool End-User Training in Lebanon, IN - Sign up for a chance to attend

I went to Henderson for a similar training in 2008.

If you possibly can, take advantage of this.

Festool's trainers are excellent. You'll enjoy the experience, and learn a lot.

And thank to Festool USA for extending the offer.

Ned
Old 08-11-2009, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Festool End-User Training in Lebanon, IN - Sign up for a chance to attend

Just to clarify a point on eligibility...

Anyone is welcome to submit their information (even our friends to the North) for consideration, regardless of location. Since participants are responsible for covering their own travel expenses, the most important thing to us is a firm commitment that you can and will take advantage of the offer to attend.

Also, this isn't a lottery of any sort. Our team will evaluate all the submissions in an effort to put together a well-rounded group. This is all really a lot simpler than I'm making it sound.

If 1) you are a Festool user, 2) you think this sounds like a rewarding experience, and 3) you have the means to join us, then by all means submit your information!

Thanks much.

Michael Williams
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Founding Member

I was at the Henderson training too. It was a great opportunity!

Regards,

Dan.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:34 PM

Someone mentioned there was a problem with the link. This should work:

Festool End-User Training Sign-Up - Zoomerang Online Surveys

Please let me know if the problem persists.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

I was on the road while the survey was goingon. I only found out about it when we dropped in to Festool headquarters after it was over. When is the next one? I am planning to attend the Gary Katz training at Festool Junkie in October. That should be good, but not quite the same as Festool training.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 08-31-2009, 12:47 AM

Well I'm in my Hotel in Indiana...waiting for some others to show up and maybe get a bite to eat. All ready for tomorrows training...except I fogot my camera.

Ya know, Festool has a certain smell when you open up a new one...kinda like a new car... but different. With my Italian schnozolla, I swear I can smell Festool stuff here at the Hotel...that warehouse must be within 20 miles...

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Old 08-31-2009, 01:51 AM

It is - just north of you a spell. If you've seen the pics, when you see it in person it looks smaller from the road. Inside, especially inside the warehouse, it seems far bigger. That warehouse would be an ideal shop!! Already stocked and everything.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:19 AM

I got in earlier today and just talked to Wayne on the phone. Think that others are laying low in anticipation or travel tiredness. Flew into the new Indy Airport. What a beautiful airport.

Peter
Old 09-01-2009, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

So did you guys learn anything today, or do you have too much homework to update us?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959

Tags
end-user training, festool headquarters, festool training