talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer

Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer Store, transport, organize with Systainers, Sortainers, including custom inserts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2016, 02:36 AM

Default Systainer - Sockets

My latest customized Stystainers.
Self explanatory.
Not hard to make just a lot of scratching your chin.
Attached Thumbnails
systainer-sockets-12red.jpg   systainer-sockets-14red.jpg   systainer-sockets-38red.jpg   systainer-sockets-fab-sticker.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2016, 12:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears
Default Re: Systainer - Sockets

There's little doubt that you've become the Sys King. If any of us had enough money, you could make a great living building custom systainers for us.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2016, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Nice! I'd sure like to know what printer and substrate you use for your labels.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:23 PM

Super nice comments.
Anybody can print their own at home on a plain Jane copier.
Use laminating sheets from Hobby lobby.
a sign shop uses a digital printer $23k shown. A cold press laminator $6k. A cutter at $4k. That gets great stickers.
The Festool Rep showed new Festool stickers, available May 1st?, that you can print on your home printer. Just add a tool name.
Attached Thumbnails
systainer-sockets-20150115_161839.jpg   systainer-sockets-dsc_3281.jpg  
Old 04-24-2016, 02:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignGuy View Post
Super nice comments.
Anybody can print their own at home on a plain Jane copier.
Use laminating sheets from Hobby lobby.
a sign shop uses a digital printer $23k shown. A cold press laminator $6k. A cutter at $4k. That gets great stickers.
The Festool Rep showed new Festool stickers, available May 1st?, that you can print on your home printer. Just add a tool name.
Yes indeed, I realize the pro equipment is expensive, I've spent many years doing flexography prepress for the wine label market. Have dealt with all the workstations, servers, rips, proofers, imagesetters, digital plate imagers, various plate processors, rotary screen equipment, photopolymer emboss, ordering countless cut dies, hotstamp tooling etc. But I haven't done anything with outdoor signmaking other than design work for some billboards and brass etched signs but had nothing to do with the production. That's why I'm wondering what you sign guys use these days. Back in the day inkjet wouldn't hold up well to UV long term even with a lam, I'm sure a lot has changed.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:21 PM

The laminator serves 2 purposes.
1st it extends the life of the ink. Mainly because of UV protection.
2nd it allows scuffs, scrapes and solvents protection.
Being divorced 5 years, I date nowadays and make wine labels frequently.
Matures love getting a custom bottle with the date on it.
Funny, when I was married I spent lots of time in my woodshop.
Not these days.
The bottles have been very successful.
"D" is her name and "M" is me. Whatever we chat about that week becomes the theme for the date and goes on the label.
Attached Thumbnails
systainer-sockets-dsc_3314.jpg  

Last edited by SignGuy; 04-24-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Yea, we had customers who wanted the laminate when varnish wasn't enough for their scuff resistance. It's surprising how abrasive cardboard is to labels when the bottles are banging around in the case during shipping, not to mention all the banging on the bottling line. UV resistance wasn't a huge issue in our market though but our inks were decent for it maybe because they were UV curing.

The custom wine labels are a great idea, even for married folks. How do you get the gold foil applied? Hard to imagine needing tooling for hotstamps for one offs.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:50 PM

Still saying anyone can make labels at home.
If you can work wood you better be able to make a label.
The silver stuff is mirror film. Has a psa backing like other vinyl film.
You can find that at a hobby store or ask a sign shop for a few inches.
Most might hand it to you.
Cut it on your workbench with a hobby knife. No fancy machine needed.
The squiggly line idea was probably off a bottle I saw on the internet. I steal ideas.
But the 2nd matching squiggly line above it was my idea.
Look close and see the black squiggly line. All the bottles have it. I just change the colors.
The silver goes on top of the lamination.
For repeat dates if she’s really into it I take 2 bottles. Hence why I keep one.

The labels are common 20# copier paper. Spray them with 3M 77. Let it flash 1-2 minutes.
For woodworking your contact cement is both surfaces, as in a veneer, but this application goes on glass hence just the paper label.
All operations are while it’s warm. After 3m spray it goes in the fridge.
One lady is 3 hours away and hers goes in my Yeti. I prefer them real cold and could care less about wine temperature rules.
No lady has ever complained about temp including 2 with home wine fridges.
The $6 bottles have other benefits. Women suddenly want to pass on the long supper and prefer the stay-in cuddle date thing. Which was the whole idea anyway.
Matures also love a work truck full of custom systainers. They always need something fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
systainer-sockets-20160425_130739.jpg  
Old 04-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Administrator

I'll do some aisle grazing at hobby lobby to get familiar with what's out in the consumer market these days, have been immersed in the commercial stuff too long lol.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignGuy View Post
Matures also love a work truck full of custom systainers. They always need something fixed.
Nothing like having the right tool for the job.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959