talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer

Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer Store, transport, organize with Systainers, Sortainers, including custom inserts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 06:56 PM

Default Systainer - Heat Gun

Tool: Milwaukee Heat Gun - 8975

Case: SYS1 w/ Festool dimpled foam lid

Guts: original Milwaukee case - Injected with polyurethane expansion foam to fill cavities - dried for a week - cut to fit on band saw/ 12” disc sander/ 1” strip sander

Rating: (3) beverage job / 1/2 day of work
Attached Thumbnails
systainer-heat-gun-finished-heat-gun.jpg   systainer-heat-gun-_fsc4177.jpg   systainer-heat-gun-_fsc4213.jpg   systainer-heat-gun-_fsc4214.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-2015, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Systainer - Heat Gun

So all last week I was at a local Police Dept. making their fleet look alike.
Stripping old graphics and applying new. Some vinyl, some wrap. Various squads from Vics to Explorer.
Not shown are Sys-Roll Cart and tote.

My career is not working wood but much of it happens in my wood shop fabricating parts for signs. As in 3-D letters and shaped signs.
I don't work out of a Sprinter Van full of systainers but my cases keep me organized and customers treat me different.

Just Sharing....
Attached Thumbnails
systainer-heat-gun-dsc_1616.jpg   systainer-heat-gun-finished-buffer.jpg   systainer-heat-gun-finished-extension-coeds.jpg   systainer-heat-gun-finished-heat-gun.jpg   systainer-heat-gun-finished-nikon.jpg  

systainer-heat-gun-finished-propane-torches.jpg   systainer-heat-gun-finished-window-kit.jpg   systainer-heat-gun-20151021_173438.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-2015, 01:29 AM

You got my attention with the cameratainer. I also have telescope eyepieces, finders, and accessories that could find their way into systainers.

Thanks for sharing.

Charles
Old 11-10-2015, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesWilson View Post
You got my attention with the cameratainer. I also have telescope eyepieces, finders, and accessories that could find their way into systainers.

Thanks for sharing.

Charles
I have drooled over Nikon's digiscope for a few years. 3 grand has held me back.
But alas, the Midi is way too tall. I wish there was a short midi. It would serve well for basic sawzalls or a fieldscope.
With a digiscope you might find yourself walking out in the field with others hence a Pelican type case would make more sense. A tripod over one shoulder and carry the case like a suitcase.
If I didn't own so many systainers and were only a photo guy no way would I use a systainer for my SLR. But stacking and locking with my tools got the swing vote so I went thataway and fabricated the Nikon Systainer.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Nice work! And that printer - not for amateurs!

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 11-10-2015, 05:36 PM

Have you ever set up a systainer handgun case? I just had the thought that a trip to the range with a handgun and all the periphery (clips, ammo, cleaning supplies, hearing and eye protection, etc.) might be nicely organized in a systainer. Maybe I can find a good use for those systainers stacked about after all.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Very nice, but TBH after reading the thread title I had visions of a molten systainer and was a little dissapointed
Old 11-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Have you ever set up a systainer handgun case? I just had the thought that a trip to the range with a handgun and all the periphery (clips, ammo, cleaning supplies, hearing and eye protection, etc.) might be nicely organized in a systainer. Maybe I can find a good use for those systainers stacked about after all.
I thought about it but around here I'd need to put a lock on it