talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer

Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer Store, transport, organize with Systainers, Sortainers, including custom inserts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 05:51 AM

Default Tanos- the makers of Systainers

Systainers , Sortainers (aka Drawer Systainers ), and a whole lot of accessories for them are made by a company called Tanos. Tanos is a subsidiary of Tooltechnic Systems. This is the Tanos website TANOS.

Festool only offers a portion of what Tanos makes. There are a few additional items that Festool offers in other parts of the world. But even that does not come close to the full Tanos line. Some examples of what Tanos makes- a couple of additional Sortainers, extensions that make Systainers taller, a lot of different plastic inserts, several tool organisers for the lids, colored Systainers, and the list goes on.

This store http://www.kofferfunshop.de/systaine...edeb3c3beef1a8 in Germany sells the full Tanos line and ships world wide. The prices shown include a 19% VAT (Value Added Tax) that you do not pay when ordering from the US. The checkout works properly and deducts the 19% once it knows where you are ordering from. The biggest problem is the shipping cost. But keep your eye on the exchange rate, and take note that some items are cheaper than Festool prices. If you order more than just a couple Systainers it can actually work out cost wise.

Most of the Tanos line is available in the US here http://www.mysystainer.com/ which is part of Japan Woodworker, and the line is also available on www.japanwoodworker.com though the listing on Japan Woodworker is not as complete as on MySystainer.

Now available here as well http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...64&cat=51&ap=1

And here- http://www.systainerworld.com/Tanos_...ainers_s/3.htm

Seth

srs

Last edited by SRSemenza; 04-07-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Tanos- the makers of Systainers

i have been looking at them for a while and as the euro went up it just got too expensive. i would love for a co. to bring the whole product line, but nooooooo.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-19-2008, 04:21 PM

Hi,

Actually the shipping is the killer. At the time of this post (with 8/19/08 conversion rate) the prices are the same or less than the US Festool Systainer / Sortainer prices, when you subtract the 19% VAT.

Seth
Old 09-17-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSemenza View Post
Hi,

Actually the shipping is the killer. At the time of this post (with 8/19/08 conversion rate) the prices are the same or less than the US Festool Systainer / Sortainer prices, when you subtract the 19% VAT.

Seth
Aye, but the colors, man. THE COLORS!!!!!!

Jim
Old 09-17-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgrass View Post
i have been looking at them for a while and as the euro went up it just got too expensive. i would love for a co. to bring the whole product line, but nooooooo.

Timmy C.

You brought the Walko, now bring us Tanos. Please
Old 09-19-2008, 03:21 AM

Yeah come on Timmy. Get err done.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:44 AM

I'd love to see the Tanos Sortainer with the two large drawers!

When their was talk about Tano's coming to North America I called about becoming a dealer myself.

Problem was you needed to order a pallet full and find a market without selling to Makita, Dewalt and other competing tool companies. Well, I have no contacts in the other industries so I had to pass.

Guess we need to convince Timmy that we all want a specific product(s) and then let him do his thing!

Dan Clermont
Old 09-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

How much is on a pallet? Perhaps we can drum up enough pre-orders to make it worthwhile for TimmyC to order a pallet. I'd sure like some!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:58 AM

Send a message via MSN to Garry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
How much is on a pallet? Perhaps we can drum up enough pre-orders to make it worthwhile for TimmyC to order a pallet. I'd sure like some!
I'd be in for a few things, for sure. I have a bunch of sorttainers, and I would love a couple of the service tech toolbox/inserts to go with rest of my stuff.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:38 AM

i know i would go for a bunch of stuff. let me know. i am in.