talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer

Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer Store, transport, organize with Systainers, Sortainers, including custom inserts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 PM

Default Rack Systainer / Raaco Boxes

Hi,

I do not have a Rack Systainer (yet ).

Tanos Rack-systainer® with 4 boxes, 2 boxes with 15 and 2 boxes 17 indivual boxes

But it has just come to my attention that the Rack Boxes are made by another system oriented organizer company called Raaco. The Rack Systainer uses these Raaco boxes any of the 57 x 338 x260 ( 1 ) -

Raaco PSC Compartment Boxes

Why is this cool? Because it allows for tremendous customization of the Rack boxes with dividers AND these removable modular insert boxes-

Raaco Inserts

Combining Raaco and Tanos should greatly expand the potential uses of the Systainer system.

Of course the Rack Systainer comes with four of these insert boxes, but realizing that there is more to the Raaco portion of the system is a real plus!

Seth
Old 02-18-2010, 02:43 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Rack Systainer / Raaco Boxes

Seth,

Those look like a nice way of storing parts. Those Raaco look very nice, but are they NAINA?

Thanks,

Dan.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClark View Post
Seth,

Those look like a nice way of storing parts. Those Raaco look very nice, but are they NAINA?

Thanks,

Dan.
I am pretty sure thtey are NAINA. But I know they can be ordered fromplaces outside NA. I know some people that own them for use with something completely different in one of my hobbies. I just never realised the connection until today.

Seth
Old 02-18-2010, 03:50 PM

I have the Raaco Handy Box and it is excellent, highly recommended! Be sure to get the cases with the loose box inserts, they are in my opinion the best.

The case lid keeps the contents secure in the boxes, you can customise the layout by simply switching boxes, and you can lift out a box and empty the content into your nail/screw pockets or utility belt (not sure if you use those in the US though :-).

And yes, the Raaco boxes are the same as those used in the Rack Systainer, only the colour differs. If you don't want to buy the Rack, four Raaco cases also fit perfectly in a SYS 4.

/fth
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fth View Post
I have the Raaco Handy Box and it is excellent, highly recommended! Be sure to get the cases with the loose box inserts, they are in my opinion the best.

The case lid keeps the contents secure in the boxes, you can customise the layout by simply switching boxes, and you can lift out a box and empty the content into your nail/screw pockets or utility belt (not sure if you use those in the US though :-).

And yes, the Raaco boxes are the same as those used in the Rack Systainer, only the colour differs. If you don't want to buy the Rack, four Raaco cases also fit perfectly in a SYS 4.

/fth
Thanks for the additional info. It is always good to get details from an actaul user. Would it be possible for you to post some pics of your Raacos in use? With screws , etc in them?

Thanks,

Seth
Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 PM

Lee Valley sells a Systainer 4 with Storage Cases (#68K43.85). They don't indicate the brand of storage case but they look a lot like the Racco cases, except with adjustable dividers.

I can't find the cases as a separate item, but when I bought my set it there were only 3 cases in the Sys 4, and they said they would order the missing case which arrived in a couple of days. When I picked it up they told me that the case can be ordered separately.

Jeff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffZanin View Post
Lee Valley sells a Systainer 4 with Storage Cases (#68K43.85). They don't indicate the brand of storage case but they look a lot like the Racco cases, except with adjustable dividers.

I can't find the cases as a separate item, but when I bought my set it there were only 3 cases in the Sys 4, and they said they would order the missing case which arrived in a couple of days. When I picked it up they told me that the case can be ordered separately.

Jeff
Jeff I too have that item from Lee Valley and after looking at the Racco boxes, I was also thinking that they might come from Racco. Whereever they come from, I certainly like them.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM

I think the cases that Tanos sells for the Sys - IV are not the same as the Raaco cases that fit in the Rack Systainer.

The measurements for the Raaco case that fits the Rack Systainer are- 57mm H x 338mm W 260mm D.

The Tanos case is 65mm H x 365mm W x 290mm D. The Raaco case is smaller so it too will fit in a Sys - IV , as fth has mentioned.

Based on the way the Raaco cases slide into the Rack , I do not think the larger Tanos case will fit the Rack Systainer.

Looking on a Raaco site I do not see any Raaco brand cases that match the size or appearance of the Tanos Sys - IV cases.

Also if you want a less costly and more readily available case for a Sys - IV then try a Plano 3700 series as shown below. Five planos will fit vertically plus one horizontal on top.

Seth
Old 02-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Founding Member

If you order the Plano 3700's be sure to get the new model with separate latches, as Seth's photo shows. There's an older style with "self hinges"--that is, the hinge is just a piece of the box material thin enough to bend. And break.

There are three depths of 3700:
Stowaway 3701 - 1 3/8" Depth (35mm) all metric dimensions rounded up
Stowaway 3700 - 2" Depth (51mm)
Stowaway 3730 - 3 1/8" Depth (80mm)

There are models in each of these depths with different arrangements of dividers, including no dividers at all and a very useful half-and-half with half the space for dividers and the other a single large space. The last is good for, say, a Pop rivet tool and some rivets.

Ned