talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer

Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer Store, transport, organize with Systainers, Sortainers, including custom inserts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 02:08 AM

Default Removing the Systainer Stiffener

In some Systainers (II - V from Festool) a stiffener is in place along the back, top edge. This can get in the way of some divider mods etc. Here is how to remove it.

Do not try to pry it out. It is a closed tube and prying will damage it by pulling the hinge pin right through it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First remove one of the hinge pins. Grab the pin with long nose pliers between the two walls that the pin goes through. And push / pry it towards the outside. A couple of pries should get it out. If it won't go all the way, finish by using a claw hammer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once a pin is out the stiffener will slide up and out -

Also see here for a little more on the hinge pins - Hinge Pin Removal

Seth

Last edited by SRSemenza; 10-21-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Removing the Systainer Stiffener

Hi,

Post has been fixed. Some of it got lost in cyberspace on its way to the forum.

Seth
Old 01-25-2015, 04:13 AM

Thumbs up Re: Removing the Systainer Stiffener

I didn't find a suitable pair of pliers and tried the following:
  • I inserted a small flat screwdriver from the side into the stiffener (Between the stiffener and the hinge plug)
  • With the tip of the screwdriver inserted a bit longer than the hinge pin, I moved/bended the screwdriver so that it applied pressure onto the end of the hinge pin.
  • The hinge pin then just popped out.

I recommend to be careful when bending the screwdriver and watch the end of the stiffener to ensure that you don't break it.

There were some small marks on the stiffener afterwards, but it was no problem to re-use it. The hinge plug was not damaged (no marks).

Estimated time used 5 sec (Not counting for the Internet search which took me 10 min )

Last edited by polars; 01-25-2015 at 04:15 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!